Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

Here is a sweet looking bargain bin ancient one of y'all might want to grab...

Not my coin. But I sure like the look of it, and the price doesn't seem bad.

Neat Alexander the Great Gorgon head type with some cool history, and really fantastic desert patina.

I'd go for it myself, but 1) I'm basically broke at the moment and 2) it's a little inexpensive for my Box of 20 set so it wouldn't fit any of my active projects right now.

If it looks good to you, go for it, but you might wanna act quickly, because nice stuff like this on Bargain Bin Ancients never seems to last too long. image

At 15 mm, it's small, but not as tiny as some of the other Greek bronzes I've bought in the past. Some of these coins with great designs and nice patina are surprisingly affordable.

Small Greek bronze (and some of the small silver) is underappreciated and often a bargain, in my opinion.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody, huh?

Fine. I put my money where my mouth was and bought it myself.

I wasn't going to buy it before because I wasn't collecting Greek coins, really.

Well, guess what. I suppose that has just changed. I'm going Greek. I've been seeing a lot of bang for the buck in the Greek bronze and small silvers, so maybe I'll be playing there a bit.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    LMAo,,, Go getum Rob.image