Home Sports Talk
Options

Recently concluded NBA playoffs conspiracy?

BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone else wonder how some of these playoff series seem to be "orchestrated" to go 7 games regardless how great/poor a team is? With the top seed winning anyways. Perhaps to sell more beer/hot dogs? For the guarantee to get all the advertising in which pays the freight for NBA revenue? It is after all about the "green". Just odd. Can't help but wonder. Even a hint of it in the hockey playoffs as well.
Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    So how does this conspiracy work? The players somehow miss shots on purpose?

What is interesting is that what is widely considered to be the best 1st round in NBA history happens immediately after the grandmaster fixer David Stern retires.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You both are putting to much extra into this.

This is one of the best playoff's in NBA history where all of the teams are evenly matched.

The best team "usually" wins game 7, but not always.image
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    and i'm seeing a hint of a hockey conspiracy placing the exact same 4 teams in the Conference Finals as they were last year.
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone else wonder how some of these playoff series seem to be "orchestrated" to go 7 games regardless how great/poor a team is? With the top seed winning anyways. Perhaps to sell more beer/hot dogs? For the guarantee to get all the advertising in which pays the freight for NBA revenue? It is after all about the "green". Just odd. Can't help but wonder. Even a hint of it in the hockey playoffs as well. >>

Yes, I'm sure Gregg Popovich was completely on board with going to Game 7 against Dallas. Actually, it was probably his idea.
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone else wonder how some of these playoff series seem to be "orchestrated" to go 7 games regardless how great/poor a team is? With the top seed winning anyways. Perhaps to sell more beer/hot dogs? For the guarantee to get all the advertising in which pays the freight for NBA revenue? It is after all about the "green". Just odd. Can't help but wonder. Even a hint of it in the hockey playoffs as well. >>

Not me. Stuff happens.
  • Options
    I must of got the idea from reading too many Kennedy assassination conspiracy books. Foolish of me to suggest it could ever be about the $$$, it's the glory of the title.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Perhaps major league sports are indeed the only honest and truly unadulterated aspect of 2014 life.

Perhaps not.
  • Options
    Skin2Skin2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭
    Considering the NBA pulled the greatest magic act ever by getting the referee gambling scandal brushed under the rug...why would anyone be surprised if the league office dictates to the refs to call more fouls on one team?

While that wouldn't guarantee a team to win...it certainly greatly increases the odds!
  • Options
    As in sports and many aspects of life "the greater good" ($) must be served.