Home Sports Talk
Options

Clip show

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
Something magical is going on here, methinks. Prior to the playoffs (and prior to D Ster's implosion), I swear I told my buddy that LAC was my dark horse. I sure wish I had followed my instincts and put my money where my mouth is, because this could very well be one of those situations. You know, where fate grabs control and everything makes perfect sense after the fact.

They just gave the Thunder a beatdown of epic proportions. On the road, no less. If they parlay tonight's performance by ultimately ousting OKC, any reason why they can't do the same to SA or Portland? Then (most likely) Miami? Man, I can feel this.

Thoughts, anyone?

Current odds, anyone? lol

Comments

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was no doubt in my mind that the Clips would come through based on the "fate" angle resulting from the Sterling issue. I applied the same angle of "fate" when Dr. Jack Ramsey, the only coach to bring the Blazers a title, 77/78, dying 2 days prior to the Blazers big win over Houston in dramatic fashion. Sometime you can't argue with the "fatalistic" gods. When this occurs throw out the stats and go with it. Like the Red Sox last year too with the bombing issue.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    yeah, i'd venture a guess on a very sharp upward surging biorhythm for Doc and most team members (not Big Baby, he still seems slow), as well as 1000's of recharged fans jumping back on the bandwagon. they may not lose again.

trouble is, they're sharing a building with a suddenly magical hockey club. image
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    They could very easily get past the Thunder. OKC has a weak bench, and in playoff time a team's bench is crucial.

But I don't see them being able to beat the Spurs or Blazers.
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys act like Durant and company are just going to roll over. Let's see them get past OKC first.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012