Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins

FSH: x4 excellent Chinese Dollar counterfeits = $25 shipped

PM if interested
Price includes shipping in the US
No Returns Please
Payment: PayPal or Check/MO

The white balance on a couple sides was off. All pieces are medium-grey in color.

Comments

• SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    Are these silver with the same fineness as the originals?
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Honestly, I have no positive idea. I know nothing about these.

These pieces ring like silver, but other metal combinations can ring like silver.

They all weigh about 26.6-26.9g

If these are silver, which I cannot confirm, then this would be a heck of a deal.
    I'm just selling these for the price I paid
    Chinese countrfeit production imagesimageappalling conditions, worse than a sweat shop in Bangladesh)

Most ebay "replica" sellers, accept individual orders: if you want your counterfeit in white metal it's usually the one that is being sold, if you want it in 0.900 silver he'll quote you a price according to the number of pieces and he will deliver, if you want it silver plated, it's also practically readily available and so on.

The other day, a collector was selling a full album of Greek 1832-1857 coppers,an almost complete set of 47 coins for ~$70 delivered. It's useful to have them as a reference, PCGS does, and I assume NGC too. In copper pieces especially, and the ones that can be easily located in red BU, several newbies or not so newbies buy replicas from unscrupulous sellers for $300 instead of $500 that a true raw MS63-64RB mostly red would have cost them. Rare dates, both copper and silver are often found in BU condition but with F-VF details design, an awkward combination, of which I have a few examples at home. I've even placed one such RRR date but fake, in an old small Anacs holder with its plastic case opened, where another coin of the same size and design but much more common used to be before I took it out and had it reslabbed by PCGS. We had covered this enterprise with a thread a few years back over at the Darkside.

I will assume that these are white metal, or silver plated white metal. If I were certain that they were 0.900 silver I wouldn't mind owning one, preferably the auto dollar from 1928 that isn't among your examples. Man, in China, there must be several victims that have probably paid a fortune for "bargains" in flea markets, at least ebay is somewhat regulated and they prefer to keep selling them semi legally as replicas, but with quite a large margin, compared to their precious metal content. A pure silver 0.900 replica would cost in excess of $50-$55 for crown sized coins plus shipping fees. These are practically at near zero cost, considering the huge numbers that are being produced and sold daily, only the middlemen charged with distribution are an actual cost. Almost every collector wants a few pieces for reference, for fun, for comparison, for study or for show off..... And in these days, it's probably mandatory homework for all collectors who take themselves seriously. I just don't have the patience and frankly, owning a crown with F-VF details, but otherwise shiny BU is kind of creepy. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
    The arrows in the first and fourth photo, point to the direction of Greek 1833-1845 crown counterfeits (in the fourth right to the left and lower than the British die), as the scoop, was first posted in the Greek coins forum, where the credit is due. An eye opener, posted years ago, still sends chills to my spine.
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed the Greek counterfeit too

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

These are absolutely, without a doubt in my mind of modern origin, thus why I am selling them cheaply as such.
    I am acutely aware of those images and the counterfeiting rings of Asia.

I just cannot confirm or deny how much silver content these pieces have.
    TTT

Cool study specimens!