Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Inquiring about potential Registry Set sales

Seeing many beautiful coins in registry sets leads me to ask, is it improper to send a message to the owner asking if they are interested in selling. Is there a way to tell if items in a registry set are for sale without contacting the owner. I want to be respectful of folks who have built beautiful set and want to display them, but do not want to sell. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Seeing many beautiful coins in registry sets leads me to ask, is it improper to send a message to the owner asking if they are interested in selling. Is there a way to tell if items in a registry set are for sale without contacting the owner. I want to be respectful of folks who have built beautiful set and want to display them, but do not want to sell. Thanks. >>

I doubt too many people would be offended by such an inquiry and I do not think it's improper as long as you are polite and are not too pushy. Of course, the chances of getting rejected are probably high, but you'll never know until you ask. When listing on the Registry, set owners are given an option as to whether or not they wish to be contacted by other members. So, if they didn't want to be contacted they have the power to exercise that option.

I have been contacted about a few of my Registry coins in the past. Absolutely would not sell a few of them, but I do remember selling at least one through the Registry and selling a couple of my unlisted duplicates to another guy.