Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Buy High End From A Guy With No Feedback?

Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'

Comments

• Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    I'm pretty fearless when it comes to eBay. If the eBay buyer protection doesn't save you, should things go wrong, your credit card company should. Just make sure if you do decide to buy that you fund the transaction with your credit card instead of Paypal or bank balance.

Snorto~
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At one time we all had zero feedback. Gotta start somewhere. I have gotten some good deals because people were scared to bid because of sellers having low feedback.
    James
  • Options
    I too have gotten good deals based on folks having jitters about the low feedback. That being said, I do not think I'd be terribly comfortable having the first sale be for a card over $1K though.
  • Options
    HuggyfaceHuggyface Posts: 300 ✭✭
    The same bidder with a feedback score of 3 is driving up the price on both the Johnson and Jackie Robinson card he has for sale.
  • Options
    georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭
    In addition to the 3 other responses, all of the pictures have the same background. It would appear to be a collector liquidating part of their collection. If they have been on Ebay, they may have wanted to have a separate selling account. I would think it would be safe bet that one wouldn't get screwed with this seller.
  • Options
    MapleleafMapleleaf Posts: 506
    As a buyer you can't get ripped off on ebay any more. You have Paypal protection plus credit card protection.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pay with a credit card and you will be just fine. The credit card company will take your side no matter what and PayPal will give in regardless of what happened.

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    The guy has a high end collection for sale...new ID, doubtful he's a new member...just sold a 1997 Leaf Thomas Collection set for $4k-ish...he made bank today.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options

<< <i>Pay with a credit card and you will be just fine. The credit card company will take your side no matter what and PayPal will give in regardless of what happened. >>

especially American Express buyers are safe on ebay if purchased on a respectable cc. would suck though to be on the other side of that if legit stuff