Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Comments

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    User ID Buy It Now Price Quantity Date of Purchase
    9***2 ( 4366Feedback score is 1000 to 4,999) US $38.50 2 Nov-08-11 06:45:56 PST

At one point the seller accepted this offer. Probably just fishing.

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That seller prices all Buy it Now boxes extremely high with best offer. They have 1988 Topps football at $397
    James
  • Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭
    They are just trying to get someone to overpay who did not do their homework on the real value of the product..........it only takes one buyer.
    Offer what your willing to pay and if it's turned down........oh well
    1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    There are suckers born every minute and many of them go strictly by "book price". Dude walked into my store yesterday with a 1989 Score Football Set that he had "found" at a flea market and bought for $60 and wanted to know if I would be interested in it at $75. The reasoning is that it "booked" for $100 and since I dont own a Beckett, I really dont know which book he was talking about. He was surprised to learn that they generally sell in the $30-$35 for hand sets on ebay.
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    if you click on the 8 sold it says one of the sales was $39 for 2 boxes. lol
  • Options
    'Nicole' is actually 'Darling 'Nikki' from the Prince tune from Purple Rain where she wanted to grind guys pay bigger then normal on it
  • Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    Not sure why I didn't realize she was fishing. I've seen these auctions once and a while. I offered $20 for the box but she hasn't responded.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not sure why I didn't realize she was fishing. I've seen these auctions once and a while. I offered $20 for the box but she hasn't responded. >>

Because she sold a few in 2011 for $38. I bet she has sold a few since for more.

If I were her I wouldn't respond to a $20 offer either. It is insulting and not worth a start in any negotiations. If you want it you will come back higher and then the talks start.

I see boxes are selling for just over that in auction but if the price is at $247 it means she is not giving them away.

Edit: I only took a quick glance and saw lots were selling for 3 boxes with shipping for $60 or so. A further look and there are tons of sales in the $30 to $40 range for single boxes when including shipping.