Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Just Sharing my latest

[URL=http://s133.photobucket.com/user/lorenzo59cards/media/Scan00022.jpg.html]image[/URL]

Just wanted to share these 1955 Topps Double Header cards.These are just part of the entire set I purchased recently.I fell in love with these years ago but were difficult to locate as a set.All these are non perforated therefore I read on the Registery Story on this set that PSA will not grade these non perforated.Will call there today as I have not received a reply from Mr Orlando on this issue and whomever I talked to could not give me an answer.SGC will do them however.
Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)

Comments

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    always liked those cards. are they non perforated because they have been trimmed or were they distributed in two ways?

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Very nice pickup Tony! Let us know what Joe says.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    from my understanding there were some uncut sheets discovered years ago however these do not look like they have come from uncut sheets.
    These were bought a very reputable dealer who sells nothing but top of the line merchandise,very rarely under 4 figures.
  • Options
    cardcountrycardcountry Posts: 569 ✭✭✭
    Love those! Very nice Tony!!

Jeff
    Jeff Foy/Dave Foy
    Card Country
    Graded stars 1950's-1980
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice cards. Also love that set.
  • Options
    Under no circumstances will they grade my cards because they were meant to be perforated when released.Just wasted a good amount to aquire this almost impossible set just to get slapped in the face.Thanks Joe!!!!Can not even get a response from you!
  • Options
    Great items...they will look great in SGC holders too.
    Thanks for sharing
    Sig: Looking for a recent smr magazine, Please pm if you have one to recycle. Thank You
  • Options
    Those are fantastic - never seen them before. Thanks for sharing!
    Collecting Rockies, HOFers, and my favorites from the 70s through today.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    I think the issue is that they are "unfolded" (they were never issued with "perforations"). The unfolded cards are sheet cut and not from regular distribution. PSA and SGC will grade the cards that were issued with the foldover. I'm unsure if SGC grades the unfolded as well...
  • Options

<< <i>I think the issue is that they are "unfolded" (they were never issued with "perforations"). The unfolded cards are sheet cut and not from regular distribution. PSA and SGC will grade the cards that were issued with the foldover. I'm unsure if SGC grades the unfolded as well... >>

According to PSA they were issued with perforation however there were some sheets discovered years ago that were not perforated but still printed in 1955.A rep from SGC said that there is no reason that they should not be graded and the non perforated are in great demand however there is really hardly any around as well as the perforated.
    I believe that between PSA and SGC there are only 36 sets between them registered with many not close to being complete.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    The '55 Double Headers are akin to the T201 Mecca Double Folds (the card folds over to show the top half of another player on the reverse side). I am unaware of ANY that came with "perforations." Again, I think you're confusing perforations with the folded and unfolded versions. Perhaps a misunderstanding, perhaps just using a different word to describe the same thing.

Regardless, the ones without the fold are secondary market items...

** Edit to add that there is technically a perforation style to the fold. Perhaps that is the "perforation" that you're talking about. The ones that you have are from the sheet find and were not the ones issued in packs by Topps in '55.
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    Very cool, Tony. I always liked those.

I think this set looks particularly awesome in SGC holders with the black gasket vs. PSA slabzillas anyhow.

Let us know how it turns out if you do decide to submit these to SGC.

Snorto~
  • Options
    Indeed the Double Headers are very cool pieces Tony.

• Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    These were bought a very reputable dealer who sells nothing but top of the line merchandise,very rarely under 4 figures.

Just wasted a good amount to aquire this almost impossible set just to get slapped in the face

Do you really think a dealer like you describe is going to sell something like that to you without knowing what the grading issues are?

It wasn't Joe's fault that you bought something you weren't completely familiar with. If you bought the set not knowing anything about perforated/unperforated cards, and the seller didn't tell you about what you were buying, then I would be upset with the seller not Joe. Unperforated cards weren't finished or issued cards. If anybody wants to collect them that's just fine, but it's something you should have known about before buying them. As long as they've been cut from the sheet fairly well SGC will grade them for you with the unperforated designation on the label. For some reason they are looked at differently than cutting up modern sheets and trying to get the cut out cards slabbed.
  • Options
    unfortunately I did not do my homework on them.i was never aware they came from uncut sheets until I read an article on the registery.
  • Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    If you're now unhappy with your purchase because of what the cards really are, you might want to talk to your seller. If you bought them not knowing anything about cards coming perforated or not then it should have been disclosed by the seller. If you bought them knowing they were unperforated, and are only unhappy now that you found out PSA doesn't grade them then that's a different matter, but maybe your seller will be open to a return. It's kind of like being sold a mint 1975 Topps set and then later finding out they were all freshly cut from sheets. Sure you can find a grading company that will slab them for you but it doesn't change what they are.