Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Signature Confirmation on $250+ to Canada

Hello,

Quick question from any frequent shippers to Canada who have experience with this.

I often ship from the U.S. to Canada with no trouble.

I just had my first purchase of a card for over the $250 threshold, so I assume I need to ship with viewable signature confirmation to protect myself from a PayPal chargeback/item not received claim.

Is that correct and, if so, what is the best method for doing so?

Comments

• Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    Signature confirmation starts at $750 now.
    PayPal changed it over a month ago.
  • Options
    I know that was announced, but I thought the change didn't take effect for a few months. Am I wrong?
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    If your insuring & tracking it registered mail is the cheapest and easiest way to go threw USPS.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I know that was announced, but I thought the change didn't take effect for a few months. Am I wrong? >>

I believe it doesn't take effect till sometime in May.

Just checked: it's $750 as of May 15. Still $250 now.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>If your insuring & tracking it registered mail is the cheapest and easiest way to go threw USPS. >>

Does Registered Mail to Canada have signature confirmation to satisfy the PayPal requirement?
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you do your shipping through the USPS site any package that is insured for $250 or more is sent with signature confirmation. When shipping through Ebay shipping you get charged for it.
    James
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If your insuring & tracking it registered mail is the cheapest and easiest way to go threw USPS. >>

I believe Priority International w/ a small flat rate box using the ebay shipping discount is cheaper than sending it Registered now. Registered international has a capped maximum insurance of something like $48, which is obviously not very much. Priority International, when paying through ebay's system, comes out to $19.50. USPS says contents cannot exceed value of $400 for small box flat rate Priority International.

• Options
    Bump. Still looking for advice.

Does anyone know of a route with SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION?

Insurance is not relevant to me

Thanks!
  • Options
    I'm in Canada and I often receive cards delivered through USPS with signature confirmation.
    I think they are usually sent priority mail.
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

I recently shipped a relatively higher value item to Canada using USPS Priority International, and it appears the recipient has elected not to accept delivery due to not wanting to pay his duty charges. If it is returned to me by the mail service, does ebay automatically refund the buyer even though it is a total delta-bravo move on his part?