Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1980-81 OPC Hockey

Anyone know what BBCE sold this for last time they had them in stock?

Link

Comments

• fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    I couple years back I recall BBCE having one for ~$4000. It is a pretty rare box. I passed on purchasing it because the rip value just wasn't there at $4k.

Robb
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I couple years back I recall BBCE having one for ~$4000. It is a pretty rare box. I passed on purchasing it because the rip value just wasn't there at $4k.

Robb >>

So I guess it is definitely not there at 5k.
  • FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can buy an o/c set on ebay for $200 or so. Much easier way of owning 80-81 OPC.
  • fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭
    At the moment there is no rip value in any BBCE authenticated box 1980 and below that I have seen. Opening a handful of packs and hoping to get lucky is pretty much it for 70s wax ripping now.

Robb
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>At the moment there is no rip value in any BBCE authenticated box 1980 and below that I have seen. Opening a handful of packs and hoping to get lucky is pretty much it for 70s wax ripping now.

Robb >>

On some level this should be good for graded cards. If it is to risky to rip open fresh packs at current levels then the number of freshly discovered high grade cards should be affected.

• << <i>On some level this should be good for graded cards. If it is to risky to rip open fresh packs at current levels then the number of freshly discovered high grade cards should be affected. >>

I thought the same. It may take some time but I think when the fresh supply of 10's, or even 9's really, starts to fade you may start to see the increase. The rise has been sharp of late so it may not take as much time as one thinks. It'll be interesting to see what the market does over the year ahead on not only this product but much of the late 70's and early 80's
    It never leaves you...