Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question on New Registry Set Request

Hi All,

1) Do you really need to already own 5 cards to request a new set? I thought it used to be less. If the set is 10 cards, then I would need to be half done before I start... Or will it be accepted if I enter less then 5 certs?

2) Do I just list the player name, card#, company, and year for each card all in the comments? It seems to be the only place.

3) Would it help to follow up with an email or they get too many requests?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    I think you would need the five cards already graded and in your possession. You just need to enter the set name and the cert # and I will fill in the spot for you. If you try to use a cert not in your possession it might screw up who ever owns the card if they decide to add it or sell it to some one wanting to add it. Hope this helps some.
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply. Sounds like I better be patient and wait until I own 5 cards - I don't want to mess around and enter certs I don't own - I agree.

The set I really want to do is:

"NFL’s All-Time Leading Rushers"

35 Chicle Battles
    35 Chicle Hinkle
    48 Leaf Van Buren
    50 Bowman Perry
    58 Topps Brown
    76 Topps Payton
    1990 SCORE SUPPLEMENTAL EMMITT SMITH

Here is the link: http://www.profootballhof.com/history/general/rushers/

The set is only 7 cards, so I basically have to finish it before I start it.
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    Those must be the guys that at one time held the all time rushing record? I wouldn't call it all time leading rushers as that would be this list

link
  • Options
    Good point - I guess: "All-time rushing record holders"
  • Options
    CollectorAtWorkCollectorAtWork Posts: 859 ✭✭✭
    BTW, in regards to question #3, you usually don't need to follow up. After you submit your request, you should see it enter the Set Requests queue here (near bottom of the page) within 1-2 weeks: Link. You should see it slowly progress up the queue, and I think it can take anywhere between 1-3 months for your requests to be processed depending on how long the queue is and how complex your set request is. When the new set is ready, it will be published here: Link, and you will also receive an email that your set is ready. It can take a while, but you usually know it goes to happen eventually.
  • Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hi All,

1) Do you really need to already own 5 cards to request a new set? I thought it used to be less. If the set is 10 cards, then I would need to be half done before I start... Or will it be accepted if I enter less then 5 certs?

2) Do I just list the player name, card#, company, and year for each card all in the comments? It seems to be the only place.

3) Would it help to follow up with an email or they get too many requests?

Thanks. >>

1) Yes, you do really need to own 5 cards. It may have been less in the past, however, since I've been doing it 5 are required. You do need to own the cards and have them in your inventory to submit this form. It does automatically check to see if the cert is in your inventory before allowing you to proceed - trust me, I tried it once...
    2) You only need the cert numbers, PSA keeps track of the rest.
    3) I have not found that a follow-up e-mail is necessary. I've requested two new sets thus far. The first was added after a short time. The second was initially denied because they were only adding certain brand/manufacturer sets at the time, I followed up again later with another request and it was approved. I want to say 2-3 weeks was the timeframe.

On the new set request form, enter a set name such as "1988 MONTY GUM" in the top box, description or information to help identify the set in the comments box (I put the set checklist and page in the standard catalog to help them along) and a unique cert number in each of the 5 blanks below. Then just submit and wait...
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases