Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How much is a 2001 Bowman Chrome Pujols AUTO PSA 10 worth?

Any opinions? A PSA 9 goes for about $4,500, what about a PSA 10????

Comments

• Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably not the best time to buy, LOL.

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• Options
    I was thing the opposite, I think it is time to buy underrated big time cards......
  • Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    I think he says it's a bad time because there is a lot of attention on Pujols. I believe he leads the league in HR's thus far and just hit career HR #500.

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• Options
    So with 5 PSA 10's in circulation, what is a fair price on this card? There of course have been no recent sales to compare prices against, there is one on eBay for $40,000, PSA smr states $6,600 so its anyone's guess here........
  • Options
    Throw SMR prices out the window. They are a bit high on modern pricing and low on vintage.

The only generic answer I can offer...a fair price would be whatever any particular seller and buyer is willing to settle at.

I'd just start sending messages to the eBay member who is offering the PSA 10 card.

• Options
    vols1vols1 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Throw SMR prices out the window. They are a bit high on modern pricing and low on vintage.

The only generic answer I can offer...a fair price would be whatever any particular seller and buyer is willing to settle at.

I'd just start sending messages to the eBay member who is offering the PSA 10 card. >>

Pretty much this. These kind of cards can fluctuate $5K in a month.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Throw SMR prices out the window. They are a bit high on modern pricing and low on vintage.

I'd just start sending messages to the eBay member who is offering the PSA 10 card. >>

Pretty much this. These kind of cards can fluctuate $5K in a month. >>

+1
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    My guess would be a lot closer to the SMR price than the current asking price on eBay. Of course what others have said in regards to value being whatever someone is willing to pay is true. In the absence of any recent sales history I would go with a multiple around 2 times what a 9 goes for give or take a little. While vintage cards often experience exponential jumps in value with each climb in grade I don't believe modern cards experience the same type of valuation growth. While there are numerous examples of vintage cards that sell for $50 in PSA 9 that sell for $500 in PSA 10 it seems the modern cards I watch rarely have that price difference. The PSA 9 cards that I watch selling for $130-150 sell for around $300 in PSA 10. And the $300 PSA 9 modern card I watch sells for around $700 in PSA 10. Obviously my budget looks smaller than yours image or at least the cards I am watching are of lower value than the card you are talkin about. But I believe the same theory applies. When it comes to modern I believe the PSA 10 vs. PSA 9 price differences are less substantial because the manufacturing is generally good and the high dollar cards are generally kept safe from the moment of receipt. So it is unlikely that there are very many low grade examples of high dollar modern cards. They may be rare due to print run but not due to condition sensitivity so any new modern card found has a reasonable shot at a 10 whereas new vintage cards are rarely found in high grade without being a landmark find so the population reports are far more stable. This affects the price valuation difference between modern and vintage high grade cards. Long winded answer to a short question, but that's my best guess. Good luck.
    Steve
  • Options
    So if a PSA 9 has a sell history of around $4500-4800 a PSA 10 should be about 4.5 times the PSA 9 price? I want this card but at the end of the day due not want to get burned over paying as there has been no recent sales of PSA 10 cards. I think a fair price would be in the $17,000 area, not sure which is driving me insane here! I almost spent $50,000 last night with REA however when it got down to the crunch time I just got sick when I calculated how much the 18.5% commission was going to be! I don't care how much money a person has, no one wants to just fork over an extra 19% so I think I'm in the market now for this card.....
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    Also, while this is a PSA board, the Pujols is a modern card, which a lot of folks collect in BGS. In this case, there are 18 BGS 9.5s and one BGS 10, which is probably the only one that deserves a serious multiple over a 9.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    It's a bad time to buy. To answer your question, put it up for auction or agree on a price. Just like any other PSA 10 with a low population, auctions rule.
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    Horrible time to buy. Wait until the offseason.
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options

<< <i>Any opinions? A PSA 9 goes for about $4,500, what about a PSA 10???? >>

I recall a few going for south of 4K nine home runs ago.
  • Options
    JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭
    Don't buy now. I acquired my 9 for right around 2650.

The price on this card changes with the wind. As previously mentioned, wait until the offseason.

Justin
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    My opinion is 4-4.5 is a larger than normal premium over a PSA 9 card for a modern 10. Just my two cents though. As others have said, it may be wise to wait for him to cool off or even wait until the offseason until you buy if you are looking for maximum value on your purchase.
    Steve
  • Options
    A few facts: The last PSA 9 closed for $2555 on 3/18/14 but Pujols has heated up some since this closed. The last 2 BGS 9's w/ 10 autos sold for $2552 on 4/4 and $3051 last night.

PSA 10's are REALLY tough to find in this card. I don't recall seeing one of the previous 4 ever being offered for sale on ebay. The PSA 10 up in the BIN is #5 in the POP. Before the season, I would have guessed card was a solid $10k retail card given Pujol's great career but downward trends the last few years....looks like he's turned it around so you might be able to convince me it's a $15k card but that would be where I bow out...and for the record, I deal in a lot of high dollar cards, especially high dollar football 10's.

Good luck with your decision. Al
  • Options
    I am the proud owner of Pujols PSA 10, I entered into agreement the other day with PSA GEMS whom I have always dealt with in the past, to take this bueaty home! I have always wanted a high grade copy, am now able to finally afford a copy so am taking full advantage here. Like they say, you only live once1
  • Options
    Congratulations, it is indeed the most iconic modern card since Jeter SP.
    Now go catch some Angels games.

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats, enjoy the new acquisition.

I have no idea what price you eventually agreed to, but it was interesting to compare how the PSA 10 Gem Mint you picked up was listed for $39,999.99 OBO and this BGS 9.5 (+ 10 auto) Gem Mint is listed at $9,750.05 OBO. I'd be curious to be able to compare all the declined offers; too bad that is not possible.

(Separate of that, what's up with putting the extra $0.05 on the BGS list price?)

• Options
    Are you still interested in a Pujols PSA 10 Bowman Chrome Auto?
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>pujols goes for $18,017.00 >>

Nuclear snipes placed on this one. A 50% jump from the pack of bidders.

Under bidder 100% bid activity and the winner 92% with the seller.

I had seen this card earlier in the night when it was in the $7,500 range and wondered where it finished.

• Options
    Must be another consignment auction.
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    Looks like he either took a bath on the Pujols, or shilled his own card......
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like he either took a bath on the Pujols, or shilled his own card...... >>

Same cert as the card he purchased from PSA Gems.