Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Wrestling Guys. Will PSA grade my 2004 BBM Daniel Bryan card?

Some of you have seen this card a while back and DPeck100 told me it was in the 2004 BBM set I had bought the set a while back. I don't see any BBM Wresting cards on the Pop reports on PSA. I am worried about sending this one since I am afraid they wont grade it. I am up for renewal so I would probably send it with my renewal sub. I also sent a Yu Darvish BBM card in a previous sub and it was returned ungraded so that concerns me even more.

The Bryan card is card #26 in the checklist here http://www.wrestlingtradingcards.com/japanese/japanese_2004_bbm_pro_wrestling.html

He was called American Dragon on the card. Any help on how to handle submitting this please let me know.

[URL=http://s1012.photobucket.com/user/BenG76_2010/media/2004BBMDBrian_zps10749c9d.jpg.html]image[/URL]

Comments

• Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Nice card. The BBM wrestling cards are under the "Japanese Cards" section of the pop report I think. I don't see any of the 2004 graded yet. That's a tough card to find in Japan. I've been looking for a while.
  • Options
    BenG76BenG76 Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice card. The BBM wrestling cards are under the "Japanese Cards" section of the pop report I think. I don't see any of the 2004 graded yet. That's a tough card to find in Japan. I've been looking for a while. >>

Thanks. I just looked and saw some from previous years. Is there a good person to email or call at PSA to make sure before I send it in ?
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1995 BBM

As was pointed out there are other sets where cards have been graded from. I think you will be fine.

I believe the email address for questions like this is psainfo@collectors.com.

Hopefully someone else can chime in if that is the wrong email.

Here is the checklist you can show them if you need to.

2004 BBM
  • Options

<< <i>1995 BBM

As was pointed out there are other sets where cards have been graded from. I think you will be fine.

I believe the email address for questions like this is psainfo@collectors.com.

Hopefully someone else can chime in if that is the wrong email.

Here is the checklist you can show them if you need to.

2004 BBM >>

Thanks, I will use that info and send them an email. I should have already got this one graded but I have been busy with other stuff for the past few months.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was wrong on the email. It is info@psacard.com.

• Options
    Good luck! I imagine there will be some more demand from this card. What do you think it will grade?

How they bin the wrestling cards on the pop report doesn't seem intuitive.
  • Options

<< <i>Good luck! I imagine there will be some more demand from this card. What do you think it will grade?

How they bin the wrestling cards on the pop report doesn't seem intuitive. >>

I am hoping for a 9 or better. I haven't looked at it close in a while. I know when I put it up a while back I thought it was worthy of grading. I still have the whole set if there is anything your looking for. The only other card I have pulled out was Steve Corino and I had it signed by him.
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I think PSA will grade the card but someone recently subbed some Bandai wrestling cards and they came back ungraded. You should be able to get it done though.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    I acquired one of these cards recently and will be sending it to PSA. With a little bit of information I see no reason why this will not be slabbed.
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

<< <i>I acquired one of these cards recently and will be sending it to PSA. With a little bit of information I see no reason why this will not be slabbed. >>

Its funny you posted this. I sent this card off this week in my renewal sub. I will share the results upon getting it back.
  • Options
    Keep an eye on it and if they do not grade it reference the website and you should be good to go.
  • Options

<< <i>Keep an eye on it and if they do not grade it reference the website and you should be good to go. >>

I attached a note with the info about the card and where to find the checklist online. Hopefully that will help it go on through.
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    Shouldn't have any problem since the set is listed on the wtc site. I really question what exactly the specs department does. If a card is listed on a major website then they will grade it.. If it isn't then they won't despite any additional information you provide. The latest example of how completely worthless they are was in my last sub. They graded 4 cards from a 1935 Coletta set but the 5th got an n9 because they couldn't find if on an online checklist. I would think that a person getting paid to grade cards could determine if a card was from the same set as the other cards or not.. But apparently not.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    I see another one just popped up on e-bay from a Japanese seller. More and more of these are making their way over here.
  • Options
    Communicate with them as a friend of mine sent his in and it was rejected.........I see no reason why not to grade this card.
  • Options
    It's weird too since BBM is like the Topps of Japanese sports cards. It's not like they haven't graded hundreds of BBM cards before. But we've seen this with new Japanese wrestling sets time and time again from PSA. Not surprising.
  • Options
    Looking at the checklist online, I absolutely see no reason why they are not grading this card. The entire set is checklisted with the exception of a few of the insert cards. The entire base card set is all accounted for.
  • Options
    Grades popped on my last submission. The Daniel Bryan BBM card did good.

Line # Item # Cert # Grade Description Type
    1 1 23159839 GEM MINT 10 2004 Bbm American Dragon Pro-Wrestling
  • Options

<< <i>Grades popped on my last submission. The Daniel Bryan BBM card did good.

1 1 23159839 GEM MINT 10 2004 Bbm American Dragon Pro-Wrestling >>

That is great, I am happy to see there are no longer issues with grading this card now. Congrats on the gem mint grade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Grades popped on my last submission. The Daniel Bryan BBM card did good.

1 1 23159839 GEM MINT 10 2004 Bbm American Dragon Pro-Wrestling >>

That is great, I am happy to see there are no longer issues with grading this card now. Congrats on the gem mint grade!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

Thanks, I am pretty happy it got a 10. Looking forward to getting it back.
  • Options
    Very cool! Nice card and congrats on the grade.
  • Options

<< <i>Very cool! Nice card and congrats on the grade. >>

Thanks. I had considered selling the card but I think I will keep it for the time being. I am a pretty big fan of his and I hope he makes a recovery from his surgery relatively soon.
  • Options
    I'd definitely keep it. I've been searching for the card on Japanese auction sites for the past year and have only seen one. There is zero unopened of the 2004 BBM hitting the market and only a handful of the individual cards are making their way over here.