Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Maybe not much interest in 40's-50's Registry Sets?

I've posted a couple with a few nice comments and appreciate that. But 3 years ago,when I was more active on the boards; maybe a dozen or so.

Trying one more in hopes I can get some comments-good,bad or oterwise-since this is about the only place that i can usually find kindred spirits to view
them.

I'm pretty much hung up on Elizabeth 11 and George VI material since I spent 3 years in the Air Force in Great Britain in the early 50's; watched Queen
Eliizabeth's Coronation Parade from the fountain in Trafalgar Square since I'd been snapped off into it from a conga line of "spirited :+) Brits and have
a great deal of admiration for the RAF and the gutty British stand during the Nazi Luftwaffe and V-2 Rocket blitz.

Anyway, I think most collectors have some kind of interest centered rationale for the collections they put together. This is mine....

GEORGE VI
No,no- the kids and the cat are all right honey.
It's just that I got my PCGS grades.

Comments

• Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    Nice!

I started with George VI's taciturn father, George V, because I thought his portrait by E.B. MacKennal was the most regal on modern British coinage.

Are you going to move onto Commonwealth sets?
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I respect george VI for various reasons, I have yet to seriously collect coins from his reign- I had some slabbed, but never gave much thought to a registry set

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.