Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Baseball Card Magazine cards

Does anyone know if they holder/grade the cards from Baseball Cards Magazine issues from early 90's (even '89). Similiar to SCD pocket pages but a different magazine/guide of course. Couldn't find anything on the pop report and was curious if anyone has tried to submit them over the years
It never leaves you...

Comments

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Unless they have changed this month, they do not.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    I have to defer to ldferg on this because I haven't tried yet. However, they are listed in the 2011 Standards Catalog (Lemke) so it seems you might be able to petition them to grade it.
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    I considered that as there really isn't a good reason not to grade them considering they grade the scd pocket page cards and they're right in line with those
    It never leaves you...
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    No they don't grade them, and yes it's stupid that they don't grade them if they're going to grade the SCD cards.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

<< <i>No they don't grade them, and yes it's stupid that they don't grade them if they're going to grade the SCD cards. >>

Agreed. Makes no sense.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    1987 Baseball Cards Magazine Repli-Cards
    2011 Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards, Lemke (Krause) Pg. 528 - In four of its 1987 issues, Baseball Cards Magazine offered "replicards" to enhance feature articles and increase sales. The cards were printed on cardboard stock and stapled into the magazines. Original designs and modern player cards done in the style of vintage issues were used. Values quoted are for single cards cut from the panel, complete panels or magazines command a premium. Cards are grouped by magazine issue and numbered with a month-designation.
  • Options
    I'm just sayin'. It's in the book...
  • Options
    Also,

1990 Baseball Cards Magazine Repli-Cards
    2011 Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards, Lemke (Krause) Pg. 529 - Beginning with its January 1989 issue, Baseball Cards Magazine began issuing its repli-cards in panels of six cards per moth, creating an annual set of 72 insert cards. Contemporary players were presented in the designs of classics Topps sets of the 1950s-1970s. In 1990 the magazine's cards were in the style of 1969 Topps. Besides the individual player's cards, there were a number of multi-player "Rookie Stars" cards.

1990-1992 Baseball Cards Presents Repli-Cards
    2011 Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards, Lemke (Krause) Pg. 530 - Taking advantage of the boom in sports card collecting, Baseball Cards Magazine began a series of special newsstand magazine titles. Beginning with "Baseball Card Boom," dated February 1990, the series, officially known as "Baseball Card Presents…" included baseball (and other sports) repli-cards in most of its issues through August 1992. Cards are listed here by issue in which they were inserted.
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Well it's good to know that something I have from the 80-90's might have some value. I had a script from prolly 88-91 or o. Many of these are put away still in the plastic bags they came in.
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    RaulsmasterRaulsmaster Posts: 663 ✭✭
    The reason for not being able to grade the BBCM Inserts cards is because they are not licensed/ and or authorized trading card.

This was the response for the request to grade these. Apparently the pocket pages cards are?
    It never leaves you...
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Neither are the SCD Pocket Price Guide cards. There is no logical reason why they would grade one and not the other.
  • Options
    RaulsmasterRaulsmaster Posts: 663 ✭✭
    I replied with that exact question so we'll see what happens
    It never leaves you...
  • Options
    My understanding is that "Broders" are not authorized either...

• Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My understanding is that "Broders" are not authorized either...

image >>

I'm surprised to see a Broder slabbed.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm surprised to see a Broder slabbed. >>

Surprise! POP2
  • Options

<< <i>No they don't grade them, and yes it's stupid that they don't grade them if they're going to grade the SCD cards. >>

is that you in your pictured avatar ? your face freaks me out or is that actually me 20 years ago I can't tell