Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Well, here go some Roman Collection Pics

Okay, so I am no where near the level of sophistication that most of you are at. But I managed to photograph about 15 coins and the pics turned out much more decent than I was expecting thanks to some advice from Bronzemat.

I know there is still work to be done, and the labels are just rudimentary just so I can sort and then add more details later without getting lost as to which coin is which.

But if you would like to look and offer comments, they are appreciated. I am pretty content with my start today considering that I have been avoiding this task for about twenty years.
Seeing my own coins photographed for the first time makes me see them in a new light and appreciate them even more. I can see why everyone on here dabbles in coin photography now. image

Roman Coin Collection

Comments

• I think the images turned out great, I have that Augustus as well in a little better detail, I think it's a fun design especially after reading what it's referring to
    =Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award 4/28/2014=
  • AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Good work! Ancient coins are a lot of fun and once you get into coin photography you will never stop improving and finding new and better ways to shoot coins.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • nicholasz219nicholasz219 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭
    Nice Currency and Aethelred, thank you both for the compliments. I have many more to add, hopefully this weekend with the help of my daughter. I also want there to be nice descriptions and information wherever possible. Also, if I mislabel something through my own or a seller's misattribution, please do not hesitate to say something. I'd rather correct an error now than to have my heirs try and get a decent price for my collection only to find that half of it was mis-identified.
  • I'm a big fan of descriptive as possible descriptions as well, what all the inscriptions mean, as accurate as possible mint date, if the design is commemorating something etc
    =Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award 4/28/2014=