Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone collect A Sign of History cut signatures?

I just saw these and it looks like they just cut cards in half and make cut signatures. lol

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    They are not all made from cut cards. If you look, some are sigs on index cards, tickets, etc. Looks like they cut them down to fit the size of the "A Sign of History" card. I'm probably with you on this one ... the ones of the cut cards are UGLY.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    IN all but the most egregious cases of "preservation" where such a presentation can save the day (see the signature of JFK in The Navarro Collection). Overall - I think some context is better than none. I see some made from checks here and there. Particularly trimmed Edward G. Robinson. Even trimmed as originally presented, they still have something on a signature cut from such a check. Do not believe all signed checks "authenticate themselves" as I have seen written. One good look at a number of Costello checks reveals secretarial sigs.

Eric
  • Options
    cubfan89cubfan89 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    I just saw where they took a signed 1990 Donruss Vance Law card and cut it to create their own Sign of History cut. lol
  • Options
    i saw my neighbor make a bunch of 'Aqueous Test' Donruss cards that people think are it that was a funny one