Home Precious Metals

2.45 over spot 2014 ASE's

Limited Time Only – 2014 American Silver Eagles (BU) $2.45 Over Spot, Any Quantity.

JM
It's not the amount of money you spend.... It's the enjoyment you get spending it..

Successful BST transactions with -Youngcoin15, Ajbauman, Metalsman, carew4me, SportsModerator1, Ahrensdad, bstat1020, piecesofme , bigmarty58, Smittys, tydye,DRG ,Coll3ctor, Ciccio, cajun, Swampboy,Excalibur,lordmarcovan,themaster,RedHerring, many more!!!

Comments

• hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good price. Wonder if they think the price is going down further and they want to unload some inventory image
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Good price. Wonder if they think the price is going down further and they want to unload some inventory image >>

Matter of cash flow for new inventory. Worldwide mint products continuously being released.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be all over this if it weren't for the medical bills my mailman brought yesterday. Damn responsibilities! image
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I would be all over this if it weren't for the medical bills my mailman brought yesterday. Damn responsibilities! image >>

Ain't it funny how they only lose coins?

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ain't it funny how they only lose coins? >>

image Yes...bad news in envelopes always finds it's way to my mailbox, but good news in bubble mailers always finds it's way between the seat of the mail truck.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would anyone want these when you can buy rounds for $26+ a pop in that other thread?image
  • jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    apmex lowered there's also, to close to that.

Must be a sign

• << <i>Good price. Wonder if they think the price is going down further and they want to unload some inventory image >>

I don't get it. How do people who invest in precious metals not know how these dealers work? The big dealers are fully hedged. It doesn't matter what the price does. Up or down the dealer makes his money on the spread. If silver goes up $10 or down $10 tomorrow the dealer doesn't make or lose any money.
    Veni, Vidi, Vici
  • ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    Think I'll add a roll to the stack.
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    Thanks! I did buy a roll to see how JM works, haven't bought anything from them yet.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    Last similar special they ran, I bought 30 ASE and perfect smooth 100% transaction. They ship in mint tubes which is nice :-)
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
    This is essentially monster box pricing.
  • hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Good price. Wonder if they think the price is going down further and they want to unload some inventory image >>

I don't get it. How do people who invest in precious metals not know how these dealers work? The big dealers are fully hedged. It doesn't matter what the price does. Up or down the dealer makes his money on the spread. If silver goes up $10 or down $10 tomorrow the dealer doesn't make or lose any money. >>

I find it hard to believe that these large precious metals dealers are not doing a bit of speculating along side their hedging activities. Just look at the banking industry and the losses they suffered from betting/speculating on interest rate movements when they were telling their shareholders they were only hedging. I may be ignorant or naïve, but I don't believe these large precious metals dealers are not betting on price movements as well when a clear indicator tells them the market is falling.

Ask almost anyone who has worked in the futures market and they will tell you that the big boys are hedging and speculating on a daily basis.

I agree that a true hedger is making money on the spread, I just question if these firms are as pure as you think they are. Here is an example of what I am talking about:

Barings Bank

So my question to you is, how do people who invest in precious metals not know how these dealers work? image

• << <i>

<< <i>

I don't get it. How do people who invest in precious metals not know how these dealers work? The big dealers are fully hedged. It doesn't matter what the price does. Up or down the dealer makes his money on the spread. If silver goes up $10 or down $10 tomorrow the dealer doesn't make or lose any money. >>

I find it hard to believe that these large precious metals dealers are not doing a bit of speculating along side their hedging activities. Just look at the banking industry and the losses they suffered from betting/speculating on interest rate movements when they were telling their shareholders they were only hedging. I may be ignorant or naïve, but I don't believe these large precious metals dealers are not betting on price movements as well when a clear indicator tells them the market is falling.

Ask almost anyone who has worked in the futures market and they will tell you that the big boys are hedging and speculating on a daily basis.

I agree that a true hedger is making money on the spread, I just question if these firms are as pure as you think they are. Here is an example of what I am talking about:

Barings Bank

So my question to you is, how do people who invest in precious metals not know how these dealers work? image >>

It's like comparing apples to oranges comparing investment banks to online pm retailers but perhaps you have a point. Although I don't know why the management for these companies would risk their money on speculation when selling their hedged inventory is a sure money maker even with the thin margins.
    Veni, Vidi, Vici
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think Tulving was fully hedged image

• << <i>I don't think Tulving was fully hedged image >>

Wasn't Tulving a convicted criminal 25 years ago? Why would anybody do business with that guy? I'm talking about reputable business.
    Veni, Vidi, Vici
  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>.....I'm talking about reputable business. >>

I heard about one of those on the History Channel. image

<< <i>I don't think Tulving was fully hedged image >>

More likely he was fully wedged; caught so tight between a rock and a hard spot that there was no escape.
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These sales are becoming accurate predictors of near term price movements. I wonder who is manipulating who?
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

<< <i>These sales are becoming accurate predictors of near term price movements. I wonder who is manipulating who? >>

Good for stackers and flippers if one can afford to hold for awhile.
  • Thats cool as APMEX wants $8.50 over spot for maple leafs??
    Kip
    UCSB Electrical Engineering....... USCG and NASA

• << <i>These sales are becoming accurate predictors of near term price movements. I wonder who is manipulating who? >>

Hey... cohodk can you expand on your view, not sure what term price movements mean/is...?

My Ebay Auctions

Currently Listed: Nothing

Take Care, Dave

The Mint keeps chittin em out as fast as they can and I think the demand is waning for them. Sometimes they gotta provide incentive/s to get em sold.
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silver down over 5% since this thread started. Again I ask, who is manipulating whom?
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear