Home Sports Talk
Options

Masahiro Tanaka looks like the real deal

BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
Another strong outing for him today. He's up to 28Ks and 2 walks in 22 innings, with a 0.77 WHIP.
Daniel

Comments

• Options
    And it all goes into my fantasy team winnings. The guys is for real!
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He relies on his splitter too much. Its only a matter of time before major league hitters figure out that pitch, and it will cause trouble for him.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>He relies on his splitter too much. Its only a matter of time before major league hitters figure out that pitch, and it will cause trouble for him. >>

They didn't figure out Mariano Rivera's cutter, did they? He threw that far more often than Tanaka will throw his splitter too.
  • Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    I agree. I think that at least some batters would have figured him out by now. He appears to be the real deal. Great point about Mariano Rivera, MLB Fan 2.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    Too early.

Charlie Blackmon is hitting .426 for the 9-9 Colorado Rockies so far. Is he the next Ty Cobb ?
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Too early.

Charlie Blackmon is hitting .426 for the 9-9 Colorado Rockies so far. Is he the next Ty Cobb ? >>

Well, his middle name IS Cobb.

• Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tanaka's looking great. Gotta love the walks-- or I should say utter lack thereof.

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Too early. >>

This from the guy who wants to hail a college pitcher as the next Roger Clemens. image >>

I see that you didn't pass your 9th grade English class last year. I asked the question if the college kid was the next Roger Clemens, looking
    for opinions from anyone else who has seen him. I was asking a question, not making a statement.

Perhaps you'll learn that next year in 11th grade. image
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Tanaka's looking great. Gotta love the walks-- or I should say utter lack thereof. >>

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Happy Birthday Mr. Tanaka

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan