Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What did you find?? A Rolling Flea Market/Yard Sale/Thrift Store etc Show and Tell

These are my favorite types of threads....seeing what others find at yard sales and flea markets. Instead of searching every so often for them I thought it'd be fun to start a rolling thread where we can share/update our finds. Don't limit it to sports related items if you don't like (although those are my favorite for sure image )

My wife and I go to rummage sales nearly every week with our kids. Here was some of my haul from last weekend:

I got the following 1980s He Man Toys for $10 Total!! Two vehicles and a number of guys still with their armor.

Land Shark:

Bashasaurus:

Clawful with armor and club:

Lot of 7 He Mans with Armor:

Also included in the $10 pile were these:

A 1988 TMNT Footsoldier with accessories:

Lot of 6 Calfiornia Raisins Dolls

Another one produced these four for $10:

Kevin Garnett TWolves Football Style Jersey:

Chris Webber Kings Jersey (Youth):

Super Bowl XXII Mug

Brady Jersey (Youth - Like New)

Manning Jersey (Youth - Like new except the top of the 'A' on the Manning)

My favorite is finding jerseys for a buck or two of guys I know sign TTM. I've gotten the following jerseys signed TTM all found at rummage sales (have about $8-9 in each of them).

This one was when I was in high school about 15 years ago. Still my favorite as he was my idol growing up.

The rest were within the last couple years.

Peppers:

McNabb

Priest Holmes:

Shaq (although it's secretarial)

Anthony Armstrong Game Used Gloves:

Bill Romanowski:

Jason Kidd:

Vince Carter:

Penny Hardaway USA Jersey:

Shawn Springs:

Cunningham:

Janikowski w/Oakland raiders all time leading scorer inscription:

Bulger:

Another Janikowski w/Raiders All Time Leading Scorer Inscription (I admit I'm a Janikowski freak....)

Please share your findings with the boards as well!!
Collect HOF Autos and Anything Raiders.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt

Comments

• Options
    ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    Cool items. I remember that Super Bowl 22 mug. They came packed with dry roasted peanuts.
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • Options
    72skywalker72skywalker Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭
    I found an upper deck epic signatures card of Ernie Banks for $1.00 and a Joe montana rookie card for $5.00 a few months ago at our local indoor flea market. The Ernie Banks card was mint but the Joe Montana card had 2 soft corners and was off center.
    Collecting Yankees and vintage Star Wars
  • Options
    GRGR Posts: 550 ✭✭
    No pictures since I sold them, but a guy who went to spring training got verlander on a ball and three 8x10s, I said how much, hes like the ball is $200, but the 8x10s id do three for $15...i was skeptical but the autos were the same as the one on the ball. All three passed jsa, I had 25 in each one and got $80 each. Was a good day since I don't even do much with baseball autographs bought a psa reggie white 8x10 with the profits (:
    Nathan Wagner
  • Options
    raiderguy10raiderguy10 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭
    Found today at a thrift store in Bismarck, ND.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • Options
    A box of vintage hockey news for $5.
    Sorry, no pic.
  • Options
    Who's that on the sneakers?
  • Options
    raiderguy10raiderguy10 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭
    Chris Duhon and James Jones. They played exhibition games here in the past. I believe they were handed out after the game

"In Al We Trust!"

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know if this counts but I found a 1969 Mantle YL at a mall show several years back that later graded PSA 8. With cards, the problem with flea markets is they usually sat out in the hot sun for several months which bleached them almost blank on the fronts. LOL!
  • Options
    AricAric Posts: 757 ✭✭
    I am usually playing disc golf on saturdays but the guys I play with are all out of town so I decided to hit a local neighborhood sale going on in my hood here in Chicago. I didn't make it out until after 9 so I probably missed a lot of good stuff. I actually found a sale with cards so that was exciting. Unfortunately its all 90's junk. Walked away with two monster boxes for $8. I don't expect much but I saw a couple inserts so who knows. Figured it was worth $8 of entertainment. Everything you see in the pic set me back $18. I should make that back easily on the Curb your Enthusiasm DVD (sealed) and the Dennis Miller figure on ebay. I plan to display some unopened packs in the shadow boxes. All in all, not a bad day.

• Options

<< <i>I am usually playing disc golf on saturdays but the guys I play with are all out of town so I decided to hit a local neighborhood sale going on in my hood here in Chicago. I didn't make it out until after 9 so I probably missed a lot of good stuff. I actually found a sale with cards so that was exciting. Unfortunately its all 90's junk. Walked away with two monster boxes for $8. I don't expect much but I saw a couple inserts so who knows. Figured it was worth $8 of entertainment. Everything you see in the pic set me back $18. I should make that back easily on the Curb your Enthusiasm DVD (sealed) and the Dennis Miller figure on ebay. I plan to display some unopened packs in the shadow boxes. All in all, not a bad day.

image >>

Very cool. In the City or burbs? Whereabouts? Love going to sales on the weekend, but havent had the chance lately.
  • Options

<< <i>
    Very cool. In the City or burbs? Whereabouts? Love going to sales on the weekend, but havent had the chance lately. >>

I'm on the north side. About a mile west of Wrigley.
  • Options
    The cards panned out better than expected. Nothing huge but a fine assortment of 90's parrallels. Found a few Jordans and even an 86 Fleer Sam Perkins. Right year, wrong player.

• Options
    psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    "I am usually playing disc golf on saturdays"

+1!!!
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • Options
    The 2 Emmitt RCs are worth about what you paid for the total package. Nice!