Home Precious Metals

It's Back. . . Quadruple Ebay bucks

derrybderryb Posts: 36,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
For 48 hrs.!

Double Rewards on any item $100–$199.99

Quadruple Rewards on any item $200 or more

Promotion details
The Promotion starts at 8:00AM PT on April 14, 2014, and ends at 11:59PM PT April 15, 2014. Extra eBay Bucks can only be earned on every single item purchased that meets the minimum purchase requirement specified in the offer. Valid on multiple qualifying purchases made within the promotion time period.

*Qualifying purchases exclude all items in the following categories: Classifieds, Business & Industrial, Real Estate, eBay Gift Cards (within the Gift Cards & Coupons category), Bullion (within the Coins & Paper category), and eBay Motors.

Rewards are capped at $100 per transaction and $500 per Earn Period. Purchases must be paid for with PayPal before the Promotion ends. eBay reserves the right to cancel, amend, or revoke the Promotion at any time. Other restrictions apply.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Notified via email, not ebay messages.

You can click on "ebay buck" on the left side of My Ebay page and can see the promotion there if you were one of the chosen.

My account that has an existing ebay buck certificate DID NOT get the invitation. Maybe one has to spend all ebay bucks to get the next promotion offer?

• OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Didnt get the message, lucky you!
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Lucky you. I sure wish I knew what has to be done to obtain at least one of these lol. because if it means being more active than I am on eBay I guess it aint gonna happen for me. image
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭
    You have to allow eBay to send you messages such as promotions and such. I had mine checked off thinking I didn't want spam mail from them. So could just be something simple like that.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You have to allow eBay to send you messages such as promotions and such. I had mine checked off thinking I didn't want spam mail from them. So could just be something simple like that. >>

Here's how to make sure you are eligible to receive the promotional offer:

First make sure you are signed up for ebay bucks. If you are, you will see a line item on the left side of your My Ebay pages that says "ebay Bucks (0.00)." The amount in parenthesis is the amount you have earned this period. If you click on it you will see the next payout date. If you have not signed up for ebay bucks do so. to sign up click on "customer support" and type in "ebay bucks" and you should eventually get to a link that allows you to sign up.

Once signed up for ebay bucks, from "My Ebay" page click on the "Account" tab right under your user ID and select "communications preferences." Then scroll down to "Promotions and Surveys" and click "show." Make sure at least the second and third boxes are checked. If not, check them and click "save."

You are now eligible to receive coupons and ebay buck promos, but no guarantee you will be selected. At least now you will be considered. Happy Hunting.

Also note that while bullion is exempt from paying out ebay bucks, many ebay sellers will list bullion in a different coin category to capture your business. Appears the trigger for not paying out on bullion is through the category selected, not the title or description, so don't rule out looking at bullion.

• freechancefreechance Posts: 380 ✭✭

<< <i>Notified via email, not ebay messages.

You can click on "ebay buck" on the left side of My Ebay page and can see the promotion there if you were one of the chosen.

My account that has an existing ebay buck certificate DID NOT get the invitation. Maybe one has to spend all ebay bucks to get the next promotion offer? >>

Maybe, as this is the first one I didn't get on at least 1 acct. and I still have certs on them. Guess I better spend them so I can get the next offer
  • Changed my promotion acceptance as Derryb said and I finally got one.

Thanks for the info Derryb. Now I just have to find some bullion in the right place.image
    Witty sig line currently under construction. Thank you for your patience.
  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey derryb: Just a couple weeks ago I signed up for these promos per your instructions and I got my first ever Quad-eBay Bucks certificate by e-mail today! Thanks buddy.

Is the error bullion the best valid category to search in? Got any hot links?

• MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Thank you Derryb. Just updated my primary account to receive the Ebay buck promos (and about 100 more emails each day). image
  • bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭
    The downside, for me anyways, is when I see these posts, I'm constantly refreshing my email to see if I get it or not. image
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I find it a mixed blessing this time . I have a bunch of truck and tractor parts purchases to make but none are expensive enough to get the double or quad bucks.

Too bad they won't let you fill a shopping cartimage
  • OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received the email offer today for quadruple bucks. Derryb's instructions were invaluable - I found my "communication preferences" were at fault.

FWIW, although the email offer only arrived today I knew what was up on Saturday. My searches days in advance for items ending April 14th showed quadruple eBay Bucks were available.
  • streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bronco,
    Ebay Bucks doesn't work for ebay motors.
    Have a nice day
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Bronco,
    Ebay Bucks doesn't work for ebay motors. >>

actually I needed parts for a john deere tractor for a customer. Even without bucks its cheaper than buying from Deere so i can't complain much.

Deere would want $900 for a starter , ebay rebuild is $70.00 i can live without the bucks. image

• USASoccerUSASoccer Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    I did not get one, I was waiting on a Leica piece that got sold anyway...