Home Sports Talk

The worst starting quarterback in the last 30 years....

MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
.....to play on an otherwise decent team?

And played for at least a couple of years, not a few starts.

Comments

• MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Dilfer comes to mind....
  • orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    college or NFL?
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)

<< <i>college or NFL? >>

NFL
    Tommy Maddox, Kyle Boller, Joey Harrington, Jamarcus Russell, David Carr, Tim Couch
    What I Collect:

Couch, Harrington and Russell were on sucky teams. No?

<< <i>Couch, Harrington and Russell were on sucky teams. No? >>

True, missed that part. Boller and Maddox won superbowls though, and they both sucked. Even though Maddox won a superbowl MVP. Not sure how that happened.
    What I Collect:

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

True, missed that part. Boller and Maddox won superbowls though, and they both sucked. Even though Maddox won a superbowl MVP. Not sure how that happened. >>

Maddox never played in a Super Bowl and certainly never won an MVP. Boller never took a snap in a postseason game. Do you mean someone else?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

True, missed that part. Boller and Maddox won superbowls though, and they both sucked. Even though Maddox won a superbowl MVP. Not sure how that happened. >>

Maddox never played in a Super Bowl and certainly never won an MVP. Boller never took a snap in a postseason game. Do you mean someone else? >>

He confused sb mvp with xfl mvp which Maddox won.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Maddox never played in a Super Bowl and certainly never won an MVP. Boller never took a snap in a postseason game. Do you mean someone else? >>

He confused sb mvp with xfl mvp which Maddox won. >>

That is quite a disparity right there on the hardware level, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    Oh wow not sure what I was thinking lol. Maddox was on a superbowl winning team.
    What I Collect:

• jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Tony Romo
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Better yet, Tom Brady... talk about a great team carrying it's horrible quarterback.
    Rex grossman? Super Bowl winning QB but not because of him.
    What I Collect:

• MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Mark Sanchez. image
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Rex grossman? Super Bowl winning QB but not because of him. >>

You did it again haha!!

Grossman played in sb XLI but the Bears lost to the Colts.

<< <i>

<< <i>Rex grossman? Super Bowl winning QB but not because of him. >>

You did it again haha!!

Grossman played in sb XLI but the Bears lost to the Colts. >>

I give up lol. Still made it to the Super Bowl. Good team nonetheless.

I'm not looking things up haha
    What I Collect:

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tarvaris Jackson was pretty inept.
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    He only started for one season, but it is hard to imagine anyone more inept than Chris Weinke.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Jamarcus Russell
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • TabeTabe Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Tarvaris Jackson was pretty inept. >>

This might be the right answer. Jackson was 8-4 and 7-7 in his two full stints as a starter and yet he was terrible.

<< <i>He only started for one season, but it is hard to imagine anyone more inept than Chris Weinke. >>

Missed the part about "otherwise decent team", eh? Carolina was 1-14 with Weinke under center - that team was horrible.

<< <i>Jamarcus Russell >>

Also missed the "otherwise decent team"? The Raiders were terrible during Russel's tenure and not just because of him.
  • PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    I didn't miss anything. That team went to the Super Bowl two years later. Weinke was just that bad. Had they had Rodney Peete or Jake Delhomme, it was most likely a 7-9 win team.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Ryan Leaf...
    Good for you.
  • cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    Mike Phipps, Browns in the early '70's. A pretty solid college QB at Purdue, he was just plain awful in the NFL.