Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

UK FARTHINGS: TO BUY, TO SELL, TO TRADE

These are the last remaining duplicates of a PCGS graded set that goes from 1917 to 1956.

Only one of them is already in a PCGS holder, the other two being raw, purchased by the late C.Cooke's shop online, and sight unseen, hence the duplicates in some dates. A few members have already bought farthings from me, mostly in PCGS holders but raw as well. A few were also traded and a couple or two were given as gifts.

I'm currently missing two dates to complete the 40 year set, one of which exists (1938) but I would like to upgrade it.

I will gladly buy or trade the 1950,1951 and 1953 PROOF farthings (I already own the MS versions in 65RD).

At this moment, there's no need for pricing them, as I'm currently looking for a trade, more than a sale. Feel free to PM me if you want to buy something.

Returns accepted on slabbed farthings, no questions asked. Returns also accepted on raw farthings, provided that their 2x2 white carton hasn't been opened.

The descriptions of the raw farthings, are copied from Neil Paisley's site, and if needed translated in US terms.

1926 raw farthing, a dupe bought among several others, because the purchases were sight unseen.
This is a borderline RB, most likely a 64RB such as the one I've already slabbed.

1936 raw BU aFL farthing, again a sight unseen duplicate purchase, whose identical twin resides in a PCGS MS65RB holder.
BU aFL stands for BU almost Full Luster, or in other words choice-very choice, or even gem 75%-90% red coin.
A BU aFL will NOT grade RD, but this one will most likely grade 65RB.

1939 PCGS MS64RB very harshly graded, should have been an MS64RD IMHO.

And a raw 1947 BU FL, whose identical twin resides in a PCGS MS64RD holder.

Images will be posted very soon, but you can PM me and ask me if you're in a hurry.

LOOKING TO BUY OR TRADE (RAW OR SLABBED)

1911-1916 BLACK BU GEO V FARTHINGS (blackened at the mint,
PCGS does not addd a color designation after the grade, NGC does - BN)
Minimum grade MS64 or MS64BN if NGC.

1938 almost or full red choice-gem BU, (BU FL) or PCGS MS64RB-65RD minimum 75% red both sides
1940 almost or full red choice-gem BU, (BU FL) or PCGS MS64RB-65RD minimum 75% red both sides

ANY GEO V OR GEO VI FARTHING IN PCGS MS66RD REASONABLY PRICED

1950 proof farthing FDC, from the proof set of that year
1951 proof farthing FDC from the proof set of that year
1953 proof farthing in proff red gem from the coronation proof set of Elizabeth II.

If the proof coins are slabbed, they are needed in PR65RB or PR65RD and up.
Exceptions will be made for undergraded 64 full red RBs or RDs.

PLEASE NO FARTHINGS WITH SERIOUSLY DISTRACTING MEDIUM TO LARGE CARBON SPOTS
However a farthing with a tiny carbon spot on the periphery of either side, might be accepted if the rest of the coin is pristine.

PM for more info. Images coming soon, or if you're in a hurry, pls PM me.
Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3