Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

Vitellius denarius on eBay

Here.

99c start, no reserve, free worldwide shipping.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know it isn't in one now, but has this been in an NGC slab? I have a friend looking to build a Twelve Caesars set in denarii who may like it, but he's a slab-lover image

Thanks!
    Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it was (is) in an NGC Fine slab, but they called it a fourree (ancient counterfeit- "plated denarius" was how they put it).

The majority of people I've showed it to or discussed it with on the FORVM site vehemently disagreed with this, however, so I thought it best to sell it raw as a crackout (even though as of this posting I have not yet cracked it out).

I really took a hit on this one and should have returned it to the seller who'd offered to buy it back at full price a year or so ago. Since my subsequent communications with him had fallen through, I decided to cross my fingers and list it on eBay instead, which was a mistake. It closed for less than half of the trade value I had in it and so I got a bloody nose on this one. image

Oh well. Bummer. So it goes sometimes, particularly with true auctions.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.