Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

battlefield0516

I'm sure that some of you have bought from this ebay seller. How was your experience? They don't really put a grade on them but use words like "incredible" "fantastic" etc. Pictures look sharp. I won several cards going by the description and pictures and was expecting to receive nm/mt cards but cards were ex/mt at best. Would be interested to hear others experiences, good or bad with this seller. thanks

Comments

• Options
    lamontcarterlamontcarter Posts: 748 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    run away like your testicles are on fire and there is a frozen lake in the distance.
  • Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    Thanks much. I've been buying on ebay a long time but I've never even thought about photo shop, but it looks like this is the case. The cards I received all showed wear on the corners that were not evident in the pictures.
  • Options
    BobHBobH Posts: 206 ✭✭
    I bought from him/her once. Returned a 56 mantle and clemente for a refund which i received no questions asked.I kept the Kaline and Banks. The Mantle and Clemente scans they showed weren't even close to the cards I received but the kaline and banks were pretty close.That's my experience with them. I probably won't go thru the hassle of buying from them again.
    Interested in 60's and 70's psa and raw star and hof cards
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    This seller is still at it.....
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Her scans are all doctored
    Your card will be several grades lower than she advertises
  • Options
    and the graded ones won't be undergraded gems as advertised?
  • Options
    Autos4AlexAutos4Alex Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    I purchased an autographed Dave Winfield rookie before I saw all the negative reviews. I sent it in to PSA and it came back with an authentic signature and a grade of 7. I was pretty pleased with the purchase and thought I got an ok deal. Though I would use extra caution for any future purchase - as others have stated some of the auctions may have doctored scans.
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>run away like your testicles are on fire and there is a frozen lake in the distance. >>

How did I miss this? Lmao.

• Options
    I've bought quite a few cards over the past year. I'm posting my experience so others can hear. I bought about half a dozen cards with similar descriptions about 10 months ago. Cards that were described as Nrmt-mt and Nrmt+ were sent off to PSA immediately and came back as 6's and 7's and one came back 8(oc). Was I hoping for better based on the description when I bid? yes. Did I get a good deal for what I paid for the cards and what they actually yielded for a grade - yes.

The part that concerns me is when I bought a single card at a later date with a description of MINT for a very good price. I was hoping to make money grading it and selling it at a higher price based on condition and population to buy more cards. When I got the card it was beautiful and sent it off but it came back from PSA "trimmed". Do I think the seller trimmed the card? No. There was no real upside to doctor this 50's common. I give the seller credit- they credited me the sale price almost instantly not including my PSA fee but I also didn't ask for the PSA grading fee - just the purchase price. What concerns me is that about 3 weeks later the card showed up with the same description in the middle of string of a different cards so it appears it was re-introduced and re-auctioned off to someone else. If it was the same card it was never mentioned that it was considered trimmed by PSA in the description.

In another instance I bought a couple cards and my emails to consolidate the shipping went unanswered only to have ebay email me for lack of payment after trying to solve it multiple times for 2 weeks via email. Eventually I got the combined invoice and the cards shortly after that without a problem.

So - will I continue to buy? Yes. Do I think someone is selling Nrmint+ cards for ex-mint prices and I'm going to make a bunch of money? No. I think the ebay community and market place is to savy and efficient to find too many riskless opportunities to make money. I'm going to lower my expectations on what the actual PSA grade might yield but that is me. The seller has backed up their guarantee that they are authentic and unaltered but I wonder if returns are making it back in the flow. I hope the cards keep coming and I'll look forward to adding them to my collection. Your results might vary but this is mine.
  • Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I've bought quite a few cards over the past year. I'm posting my experience so others can hear. I bought about half a dozen cards with similar descriptions about 10 months ago. Cards that were described as Nrmt-mt and Nrmt+ were sent off to PSA immediately and came back as 6's and 7's and one came back 8(oc). Was I hoping for better based on the description when I bid? yes. Did I get a good deal for what I paid for the cards and what they actually yielded for a grade - yes.

The part that concerns me is when I bought a single card at a later date with a description of MINT for a very good price. I was hoping to make money grading it and selling it at a higher price based on condition and population to buy more cards. When I got the card it was beautiful and sent it off but it came back from PSA "trimmed". Do I think the seller trimmed the card? No. There was no real upside to doctor this 50's common. I give the seller credit- they credited me the sale price almost instantly not including my PSA fee but I also didn't ask for the PSA grading fee - just the purchase price. What concerns me is that about 3 weeks later the card showed up with the same description in the middle of string of a different cards so it appears it was re-introduced and re-auctioned off to someone else. If it was the same card it was never mentioned that it was considered trimmed by PSA in the description.

In another instance I bought a couple cards and my emails to consolidate the shipping went unanswered only to have ebay email me for lack of payment after trying to solve it multiple times for 2 weeks via email. Eventually I got the combined invoice and the cards shortly after that without a problem.

So - will I continue to buy? Yes. Do I think someone is selling Nrmint+ cards for ex-mint prices and I'm going to make a bunch of money? No. I think the ebay community and market place is to savy and efficient to find too many riskless opportunities to make money. I'm going to lower my expectations on what the actual PSA grade might yield but that is me. The seller has backed up their guarantee that they are authentic and unaltered but I wonder if returns are making it back in the flow. I hope the cards keep coming and I'll look forward to adding them to my collection. Your results might vary but this is mine. >>

You would continue to buy from this seller with everything you described? Really?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I've bought quite a few cards over the past year. I'm posting my experience so others can hear. I bought about half a dozen cards with similar descriptions about 10 months ago. Cards that were described as Nrmt-mt and Nrmt+ were sent off to PSA immediately and came back as 6's and 7's and one came back 8(oc). Was I hoping for better based on the description when I bid? yes. Did I get a good deal for what I paid for the cards and what they actually yielded for a grade - yes.

So - will I continue to buy? Yes. Do I think someone is selling Nrmint+ cards for ex-mint prices and I'm going to make a bunch of money? No. I think the ebay community and market place is to savy and efficient to find too many riskless opportunities to make money. I'm going to lower my expectations on what the actual PSA grade might yield but that is me. The seller has backed up their guarantee that they are authentic and unaltered but I wonder if returns are making it back in the flow. I hope the cards keep coming and I'll look forward to adding them to my collection. Your results might vary but this is mine. >>

You would continue to buy from this seller with everything you described? Really? >>

That is what the seller counts on. They make money hand over fist by purchasing "nice eye appeal for the grade" cards and cracking them out. NM/MT cards graded SGC "Authentic"?? BYE BYE SGC CASE!!! Them and Great Lakes have that business model down to a science!
  • Options
    Thanks for posting this. I don't believe I've ever purchased from them, but their "FANTASTIC" "INCREDIBLE" subtitles always catch my eye as I'm scrolling. I've looked at several of their listings over time. Maybe my computer is different, but I couldn't do a zoom in on anything. That is telling as well.
    Currently collecting PSA graded:

1991 & 1992 Fleer Pro Visions
    1952 Topps