The Kid

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    And 5 years after that:

Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Seems like he hit that ball 500 miles!

500 miles, 500 miles........
  • Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    25 years ago today, Orel Hershiser ended his record 59 consecutive scoreless innings streak.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    I ripped 1989 Upper Deck packs open back then because the cards were double-sided and unlike anything that I had ever seen before. I also didn't have to worry about a gum stain. I purchased my Ken Griffey, Jr. card for ten cents at a card show at the Danbury, Connecticut Hilton. I was working on completing my set for five cents a card when another envious collector looked over my shoulder and complained to the seller. "You should at least be getting ten cents for the rookies kid," he said. I was happy to oblige. image
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    Mike Tyson lost to Buster Douglas.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In just a few years the Cowboys would start their domination of the NFL!