Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Photobucket pictures.

A lot of posters here continue to post photos with all of the text writing with the pictures they post.

Let me try and help.

When you copy your (img) to post a picture you are receiving the (URL) text with it. You can erase all of the (URL) text completely.

All you need is everything between both of the (IMG's) and that is it.

Have fun!
Paul.

Later, Paul.

Comments

• Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Paul,

Thanks for the info, I have been trying to figure that out for a while, but could never get an answer.

James
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Also when you are browsing your pictures on Photobucket, you will see a line called "Direct", under each photo. I always copy that text and then use it to post here, works like a charm. Hope this helps and good idea by the OP to post these tips.
  • Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    If you use this link, you don't have to even hit the little image button, you just paste and you're done. BOOM!

The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If you use this link, you don't have to even hit the little image button, you just paste and you're done. BOOM!

image >>

If you want it to post on the left side of the page you have to delete the URL information.

Before

[URL=http://s767.photobucket.com/user/dpeck100/media/TysonPSA10black_zps9aff6cd5.jpg.html]image[/URL]

After

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't have to delete anything as long as your PB account is set up to past image directly from the IMG link.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>You don't have to delete anything as long as your PB account is set up to past image directly from the IMG link. >>

How do you do that? Mine used to work just fine and then something changed about six months ago and when I would copy the IMG code it would post two links.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>You don't have to delete anything as long as your PB account is set up to past image directly from the IMG link. >>

How do you do that? Mine used to work just fine and then something changed about six months ago and when I would copy the IMG code it would post two links. >>

It's been a while since I did it, but I believe you uncheck the "Link Back to Albums" box in your account settings under "Album."

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    OK, now I get what this post is about. I've seen the image with URL next to it like in Dpeck's example. Mine has the "Link Back to Albums" box unchecked so I guess I've never had the trouble.
  • Options

<< <i>OK, now I get what this post is about. I've seen the image with URL next to it like in Dpeck's example. Mine has the "Link Back to Albums" box unchecked so I guess I've never had the trouble. >>

Sweet! Just go to Update link options and uncheck the link back to albums box and it will revert back to just posting the IMG code with no URL. Thanks!
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

How do you do that? Mine used to work just fine and then something changed about six months ago and when I would copy the IMG code it would post two links. >>

It's been a while since I did it, but I believe you uncheck the "Link Back to Albums" box in your account settings under "Album." >>

Where can I find my account settings?
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image I applaud all of the assistance given to this post. Even if one poster to this message board "gets it", it did its job. I mean no disrespect in any way, just trying to help some frustrated members.

If anyone still has troubles, please post your concerns. Someone here including myself will assist. Even if I have to PM my telly and walk you through it over the phone. It'll cost you a rakpak case though!!! imageimage

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If you use this link, you don't have to even hit the little image button, you just paste and you're done. BOOM!

image >>

Lemme test this method

Edit. Cool it worked!!image
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

It's been a while since I did it, but I believe you uncheck the "Link Back to Albums" box in your account settings under "Album." >>

Where can I find my account settings? >>

+1
    I did get the pic to post dytchs way(thanks) but I still had to remove the url
  • Options
    To get it to paste without including the URL...

Click on "Update Link Options".

Then remove the check next to "Link back to albums". Press save.

• Options
    Thanks for the help. I am having trouble finding where to startimage How do I get to your first screen? Links to share this album
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for the help. I am having trouble finding where to startimage How do I get to your first screen? Links to share this album >>

If you click on "Library" from the top menu, this "Links to Share" box should be on the right hand side of that landing page.
  • Options
    Thanks a ton!! I finally got it. I might mention to others as slow as me that is about a third of the way down the page
    (and on the right as dytch said).

Who woulda thunked a monkey could learnimage
  • Options
  • Options
    Thanks a lot for this info guys. I was really getting tired of having to edit out the URL text.

John
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    Thanks!! I hated removing that URL stuff.

Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options

<< <i>image I applaud all of the assistance given to this post. Even if one poster to this message board "gets it", it did its job. I mean no disrespect in any way, just trying to help some frustrated members.

If anyone still has troubles, please post your concerns. Someone here including myself will assist. Even if I have to PM my telly and walk you through it over the phone. It'll cost you a rakpak case though!!! imageimage

Paul. >>

This thread is a winner! Anytime any of us can benefit from information shared is a good thing. There are probably a ton of people who haven't responded that will have an easier time posting photos. Thanks for starting the discussion.
  • Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    "FREEDOM!!!!" -- William Wallace

"A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks a lot for this info guys. I was really getting tired of having to edit out the URL text.

John >>

+1 This was really helpful. I was sick of editing it everytime I posted a pic as well! Thanks alot guys!
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>image I applaud all of the assistance given to this post. Even if one poster to this message board "gets it", it did its job. I mean no disrespect in any way, just trying to help some frustrated members.

Paul. >>

This thread is a winner! Anytime any of us can benefit from information shared is a good thing. There are probably a ton of people who haven't responded that will have an easier time posting photos. Thanks for starting the discussion. >>

+1, I know I'll be happy to see posts without the URLs. Many thanks to Stooge for starting the thread and dytch2220 for posting the screencaps, pictures being what they're worth and all.

ETA: Is there any way to sticky this thread to easily point newbies to it?
  • Options
    CrazylegsCrazylegs Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    Let's see if I get this!

Craig AKA "Crazylegs"
  • Options

<< <i>To get it to paste without including the URL...

image >>

I am still unable to find where I would be able to change any of these settings
  • Options

<< <i>I am still unable to find where I would be able to change any of these settings >>

What browser are you using? The screenshots appear to be from IE and I've never found anything similar on Firefox. I use IE only for Photobucket since it's much easier to use than Photobucket on Firefox.
  • Options
    I thought these settings were on this site?
  • Options
    No, those are the settings on Photobucket.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I am still unable to find where I would be able to change any of these settings >>

What browser are you using? The screenshots appear to be from IE and I've never found anything similar on Firefox. I use IE only for Photobucket since it's much easier to use than Photobucket on Firefox. >>

Screenshots are from Chrome.
  • Options

Here is what it looks like in Chrome. Click library at the top. Then scroll down and look right where the red arrow is pointing.

• Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Count me in as one that had no idea about unchecking that box

thanks!!
  • Options
    creecree Posts: 393 ✭✭
    That works great!!! Thanks for sharing Nate.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>To get it to paste without including the URL...

image >>

I am still unable to find where I would be able to change any of these settings >>

Go to your account profile in PB and click on the Albums tab.

• Options

Finally figured it out. Thanks for the help
  • Options
    Have any of your guys used Sports Card Album as an alternative to Photobucket?I started using it about a year ago and it has since became my go to site to upload my scans.
    Mike
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Paul. >>

This thread is a winner! Anytime any of us can benefit from information shared is a good thing. There are probably a ton of people who haven't responded that will have an easier time posting photos. Thanks for starting the discussion. >>

I agree with all those who have applauded this thread. I know it has helped me. So, thanks to the OP and all who have added to the informational content. Here is a bump to the first page so this thread can help others too.
    Steve
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of good information is on this thread, and I wanted to bring it to the top so everyone could get a chance to learn to post some pictures if they choose to do so. Everyone, and I mean everyone in this thread was so very helpful to each other. It was awesome to reread to see everyone come together to assist others that just were not able to figure out something that someone else takes for granted.

THAT is what this place was meant to be all about!!!

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    "ETA: Is there any way to sticky this thread to easily point newbies to it?"

To the moderator: I second this request.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    thanks paul...was getting a little frustrated trying to get everything to the left of the page!
  • Options