Home U.S. Coin Forum

How to contact someone who bought a fake?

I know you can contact a buyer once he's left feedback, but how do you guys do it? Can't figure it out. I need to contact some people who bought from Artcards and Pennyshoppe.

Comments

• braddickbraddick Posts: 22,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A freshly closed eBay auction can still be null and voided by eBay if reported and it is determined warranted.

Contact eBay and let them handle the rest.

peacockcoins

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay out of it. Don't make yourself part of the problem.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nearly impossible these days since ebay has gone to more ebay user name hiding on the feedback screen. i comment on this fairly recently. not sure if it was the ebay counterfeit superthread or not.

i used to keep up a tracking thread with hundreds of people contacted. too much work these days, probably intentional on ebay's part. gotta keep those sales and fees up, counterfeits be da*$&#.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

No need to contact them. They (or their heirs) find us all by themselves ... eventually ... when they want to sell.

(... and then I'm the bad guy when they come to my table and I have to break the bad news to them.) image
  • BanemorthBanemorth Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

<< <i>No need to contact them. They (or their heirs) find us all by themselves ... eventually ... when they want to sell.

(... and then I'm the bad guy when they come to my table and I have to break the bad news to them.) image >>

But I brought it on Ebay! There's Buyer Protection!!!!
    Justin From Jersey

Successful Transactions With: JoeLewis, Mkman123, Harry779, Grote15, gdavis70, Kryptonitecomics
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if you can still get the money back out of the seller pocket.image
  • telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>No need to contact them. They (or their heirs) find us all by themselves ... eventually ... when they want to sell.

(... and then I'm the bad guy when they come to my table and I have to break the bad news to them.) image >>

You speak the truth my friend. Just had this happen recently in fact. Laughably bad Trade Dollar-the rare 1872-CC variety. Told me I didn't know what I was talking about because his buddy would never rip him off. image

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,765 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been perceived as a bad guy behind this counter for a few years now. It's painful as _ _ _ _. It really is for anyone with a heart for others. But don't sleep with it. Just be honest when you deal with others. That's where the buck stops.
  • Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

eBay does not want you doing this since they want the fees.

Quite frankly, I don't want people contacting my buyers either. It was a good change. If someone does not want to buy a bad coin, they need to buy it graded, simple as that.
  • telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>eBay does not want you doing this since they want the fees.

Quite frankly, I don't want people contacting my buyers either. It was a good change. If someone does not want to buy a bad coin, they need to buy it graded, simple as that. >>

No...they need to learn something about what they're buying before they start throwing money at it, graded or not. Simple as that.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>eBay does not want you doing this since they want the fees.

Quite frankly, I don't want people contacting my buyers either. It was a good change. If someone does not want to buy a bad coin, they need to buy it graded, simple as that. >>

No...they need to learn something about what they're buying before they start throwing money at it, graded or not. Simple as that. >>

Only one way to fully protect yourself on eBay. Buy a legit graded coin. I stand by my comment.
  • LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    Only one way to fully protect yourself on eBay. Buy a legit graded coin. I stand by my comment. >>

with as many counterfeit ngc and pcgs holders as are out there, the issue is not that black and white. (i'm taken aback people still use the above defense given what we've seen and done here in the past few years)

it does seem though as the quantity of them on ebay has dropped precipitously. that is unless they are moving them surreptitiously somehow.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file