Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ever Heard of "Americana Memorabilia inc" - Likely 1990s - MT Laurel, NJ and Barry Didinsk

Just trying to determine if auto baseball items (williams, mantle, dimaggio, etc.) from "Americana Memorabilia inc" (MT Laurel, NJ and Barry Didinsky) are generally legit. Someone told me they may have a weak connection to Scoreboard from the 1990s. Any thoughts? Words of wisdom?

Comments

• Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    I am highly suspicious of autographs in general, especially of those three players. Those are three of the most popularly forged autos in the hobby. I would be skeptical of any autograph that is not authenticated by one of the major authenticators. COA's from most of the fly by night 90's operations aren't worth more than the paper they're written on. If the offer is too good, I would assume it's no good. I believe PSA has a way for you to get a quick opinion without having to send the item in. I would do that with one or a few of the items you're looking at and if those pass initial inspection then make a deal. Let us know how it goes. Good luck.
    Steve
  • Options
    I would not buy anything from anyone, all included, based on the strength of a name of a dealer/authenticator/TPG or cert alone. NO one.

Eric

The reverse is true - I will not buy any item from anyone without regard for reputation if I personally feel the item is problematic. Further, I will buy an item I personally feel is good with no papers, from anyone, anywhere.