Home U.S. Coin Forum

The Foiling (April Fools)

Hello, everyone!

This is totally out of the realm of numismatics, but I just have to share this (yes, I'm rather proud of myself right now!). I know that I'm a day early -- but I had a golden opportunity when my coworker Shelley went out of town for several days right before April 1st that I just couldn't let pass. I had total access to her office and several days of time .....

The Foiling (Click For Pics)

Happy Early April Fools', everyone!! image

Numismatist, Alhambra Coin Center

Life At The Coin Shop
Facebook

Comments

• MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Shelley will be "clad" when April 1st is over.

• CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭✭
    I have three comments:

1. That's cool!

2. If you went full on "The Office", you wouldn't have merely wrapped her stuff, you would have built a desk and chair out of foil so when she sat down it would collapse.

3. Is that like $800 worth of tinfoil?
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90% silver??

LOL

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), [email protected]
  • 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll bet that's what Alex Jones office looks like…A conspiracy theorists dream office…BYOFH (bring your own foil hat) though image

Erik
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats cool and different image

• << <i>I have three comments:

1. That's cool!

2. If you went full on "The Office", you wouldn't have merely wrapped her stuff, you would have built a desk and chair out of foil so when she sat down it would collapse.

3. Is that like $800 worth of tinfoil? >>

That was 4 75-foot rolls of foil!! It was somewhere like $15-$20, and worth every penny!

Life At The Coin Shop
    Facebook

• << <i>A couple years back before I started working at home full-time, we put post-it's on every surface we could find of a coworkers cubicle. He was still finding post-its 3 weeks later. >>

I actually considered doing that as an option, but figured the foil would take a lot less time. Actually, the whole thing took a lot less time than I thought it would. Foil's easy -- pick it up, smush it around, done. The only part that was especially difficult was the chair!

Also, I love your puns guys -- I wish you would leave some of those gems as comments on the post itself one of these days!!

Life At The Coin Shop
    Facebook

• << <i>

<< <i>
    I actually considered doing that as an option, but figured the foil would take a lot less time. Actually, the whole thing took a lot less time than I thought it would. Foil's easy -- pick it up, smush it around, done. The only part that was especially difficult was the chair!

Also, I love your puns guys -- I wish you would leave some of those gems as comments on the post itself one of these days!! >>

Took three people 20 minutes to cover everything with the post-its. Ya gotta remember, the longer it takes to do, the longer it takes to undo, lol. >>

Really?? I would assume post-its would have taken forever to put on just because of the size. For the desk, I could cut off big long sheets of foil and lay it down all at once.

And, I'm pretty sure it's not going to be Shelley who undoes it ... she's enjoying it for now, but I'd bet a fair amount of money that by the end of the day it's going to be "That was so much fun!! ... now take it down." !

Life At The Coin Shop
    Facebook

• << <i>You do realize that many wealthy households pay for a craftsman/designer to foil all their wooden cabinets to upgrade them, it is big bucks in the remodeling industry. >>

If only I had thought to present a bill for my time when she walked in .... ah, well! image

Life At The Coin Shop
    Facebook

• BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Foil me once, shame on you.... Foil me twice, now that would be really funny! imageimage
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!

• << <i>Foil me once, shame on you.... Foil me twice, now that would be really funny! imageimage >>

... well now I have to do it again! image

Life At The Coin Shop
    Facebook

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is an outstanding joke....well done...Cheers, RickO
  • I feel like I've done my part to improve office morale for the week! image

Life At The Coin Shop
    Facebook

• coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm tempted to try this one out:

Pull all of the gold bullion and Classic Gold out of the case tomorrow morning. Leave only the blister carded 1 grain chip of .999 gold in the case. The first person who comes in and asks about buying some gold bullion will be told that gold just skyrocketed to 10 Grand on the Comex, and this is all that is left at a special price of $25. image

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• << <i>I'm tempted to try this one out:

Pull all of the gold bullion and Classic Gold out of the case tomorrow morning. Leave only the blister carded 1 grain chip of .999 gold in the case. The first person who comes in and asks about buying some gold bullion will be told that gold just skyrocketed to 10 Grand on the Comex, and this is all that is left at a special price of $25. image >>

I hope you have cameras to catch their reactions! image

Life At The Coin Shop
    Facebook

• fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Foil me once, shame on you.... Foil me twice, now that would be really funny! imageimage >>

... well now I have to do it again! image >>

curses... foiled again!
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk
  • StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

What, you didn't do the pics on the wall? Poser.

• << <i>What, you didn't do the pics on the wall? Poser.

image >>

I actually thought about it! But if I were going to go to that level, I would want to do every surface, and I just didn't have the time (or patience!) to do it. image

Life At The Coin Shop
    Facebook

• AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any original patina on that silver yet? image

ABimage
  • FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    Make sure you post your 4-01-14 real April Fools payback prank.

If she is the kind that dishes payback. image

• << <i>Make sure you post your 4-01-14 real April Fools payback prank.

If she is the kind that dishes payback. image >>

If this is the beginning of a war, I will definitely keep everyone updated! image

Life At The Coin Shop
    Facebook

• sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭✭✭

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

Life At The Coin Shop
    Facebook

• Anyone else pull a prank today?? image

Life At The Coin Shop
    Facebook

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights