Home U.S. Coin Forum

Can someone confirm the attribution of this NewP Capped Bust Dime for me?

These are the cropped sellers pics, which have also been sharpened slightly to show the stronger details.

Thanks in advance for the attribution help image

Comments

• QuarternutQuarternut Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭
    Looks like a JR-9 (R-6) to me...nice score! image

QN

Go to Early United States Coins - to order the New "Early United States Half Dollar Vol. 1 / 1794-1807" book or the 1st new Bust Quarter book!

• STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Thanks Realone image

Note the Flat-Top 1 in the denomination on the reverse, and the position of *7 relative to the headband and the #7 in the date relative to the lower hair curls!

<< <i>and of course a HUGE ARSE YOU SUCKERINO!!!!!!!image >>

Funny, as I saw the flat-top 1 and just bought it. Then after paying for it I checked the obverse closely image

<< <i>

<< <i>Looks like a JR-9 (R-6) to me...nice score! image

QN >>

Looks like you should stay with your Quartersimage >>

Maybe I just need to write a better updated book...as there are only 13 die marriages in the one I have...image

QN

Go to Early United States Coins - to order the New "Early United States Half Dollar Vol. 1 / 1794-1807" book or the 1st new Bust Quarter book!

• hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

QN >>

Maybe I just need to write a better updated book...as there are only 13 die marriages in the one I have...image

QN >>

I would love for you to do this!!!!!! I really like your quarter book and I think it is time for a new dime book with great pictures and easier to use attribution keys.
    Oh yeah, Nice pick Stone. You are the man when it comes to finding cool bust dime varieties! Well done. Keep searching.

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

QN >>

QN >>

I would love for you to do this!!!!!! I really like your quarter book and I think it is time for a new dime book with great pictures and easier to use attribution keys. >>

Nothing personal but dime books should be written by dime experts such as Stone and quarter books by Quarter experts like QN. That is if you want to at least get the attribution part right wouldn't you agreeimage >>

Well come on Winston!!!! Get going on that book then. I think he is too busy cherry picking bust dimes to write a book image

<< <i>Nothing personal but dime books should be written by dime experts such as Stone and quarter books by Quarter experts like QN. That is if you want to at least get the attribution part right wouldn't you agreeimage >>

Some can become expert at one thing...some can become expert at many things...and some can never become expert at anything...

The latter complain and protest the loudest about what they know...and what others do not...image

For a new reference book on any series, what is needed is a combination of knowledge pertaining to bust dimes, early mint history & technology, access to the coins, etc…

But the most important items needed are…humility, willingness to discard old ideas and theories, the ability to look at all the different denominations produced at the same time for answers and confirmation of new ideas and theories, a logical and ordered vision, and at least a small amount of knowledge about how a book is constructed (I don’t mean just the way the pages are printed and put together either). All of these things will come together to produce a good and useful resource.

Congrats again Winston, your study has paid off in spades as usual! image

QN

<< <i>

<< <i>Nothing personal but dime books should be written by dime experts such as Stone and quarter books by Quarter experts like QN. That is if you want to at least get the attribution part right wouldn't you agreeimage >>

Some can become expert at one thing...some can become expert at many things...and some can never become expert at anything...

The latter complain and protest the loudest about what they know...and what others do not...image

For a new reference book on any series, what is needed is a combination of knowledge pertaining to bust dimes, early mint history & technology, access to the coins, etc…

But the most important items needed are…humility, willingness to discard old ideas and theories, the ability to look at all the different denominations produced at the same time for answers and confirmation of new ideas and theories, a logical and ordered vision, and at least a small amount of knowledge about how a book is constructed (I don’t mean just the way the pages are printed and put together either). All of these things will come together to produce a good and useful resource.

Congrats again Winston, your study has paid off in spades as usual! image

QN >>

Thanks QN image
  • LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, there is little else to say to you buddy, image

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    It is nice to witness a "you suck" thread in progress :-) Congrats , Winston !!!
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It is nice to witness a "you suck" thread in progress :-) >>

especially a real one at that!

just glad he didn't post it on april 1 this time image

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file