Home U.S. Coin Forum

What do I have to do to get a coin slabbed?

I want to send a coin to PCGS to have it graded and slabbed. How do I do it?

Comments

• rkprkp Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear OP, is this a plea for recognition or laziness?
    Isn't it a bit obvious that PCGS has a Website that explains your request.

ps. If I have evaluated your post in error, then all apologizes.
  • GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    Some dealers will do it, check with your local dealers.
    See if they do it and how much they charge and when they would send it in.
    That might be easier especially if it's only one coin.
    Ed
  • BurksBurks Posts: 1,103
    If sending it in through a dealer, photograph the living crap out of it. That is my plan, mainly because I wouldn't trust the local dealers as far as I could throw them!

I don't trust people in general, I especially don't trust people I'm not very close to. Not saying it will get stolen, but I'm not saying it won't either (or the ol' bait and switch).
    WTB: Eric Plunk cards, jersey (signed or unsigned), and autographs. Basically anything related to him

Positive BST: WhiteThunder (x2), Ajaan, onefasttalon, mirabela, Wizard1, cucamongacoin, mccardguy1

Negative BST: NONE!
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    eddiego, go ahead and keep asking any questions you have here.
    This is THE place to get coin related answers and you'll find lots of helpful folk here.
    Try to ignore it when members make character assumptions based on hobby questions.
  • Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image tuff night tonight if you are going to do alot get a membership if not take it to a PCGS dealer and have him send it in for you pay him the fees and have PCGS send it to your Po box or home when done or graded. image

Hoard the keys.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    joining at at least the "GOLD" membership level will get you some complementary (free) coin gradings. Also check to see what the minimum number of coins is that can be submitted. Might be worth your while to wait until you have the minimum before joining.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...there are also some true collectors here who may help you pony your coin in with a submission of theirs. I have helped a member here ride with me to CAC at no extra charge. If you are serious about collecting then there is no better way than to join Collectors Universe and submit on your own. $50 is the lowest tier membership. I went Diamond this time around and I will never do anything other than that. CoinFacts is second to none and you get 8 free submissions. I hope this helps. Also, what coin do you want to send in...cause that may help in regards to submission tier if another collector wants to help you out image

This place is intimidating at first...but just like a Frat House...the longer you are a member the less your ballz get busted; most of the time image

Erik
  • TireKickerTireKicker Posts: 870 ✭✭

<< <i>...there are also some true collectors here who may help you pony your coin in with a submission of theirs. I have helped a member here ride with me to CAC at no extra charge. If you are serious about collecting then there is no better way than to join Collectors Universe and submit on your own. $50 is the lowest tier membership. I went Diamond this time around and I will never do anything other than that. CoinFacts is second to none and you get 8 free submissions. I hope this helps. Also, what coin do you want to send in...cause that may help in regards to submission tier if another collector wants to help you out image

This place is intimidating at first...but just like a Frat House...the longer you are a member the less your ballz get busted; most of the time image

Erik >>

Erik,

I agree, if you are going to jump in and have several coins to grade, the Diamond membership is the way to go.

CoinFacts is awesome!
    All the best,

Rob

Successful Trades with: Coincast, MICHAELDIXON

Successful Purchases from: Manorcourtman, Meltdown
  • AberlightAberlight Posts: 384 ✭✭

Unreal......

<< <i>Dear OP, is this a plea for recognition or laziness?

ps. If I have evaluated your post in error, then all apologizes. >>

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    >>>Unreal......

<< Dear OP, is this a plea for recognition or laziness?

ps. If I have evaluated your post in error, then all apologizes. >><<<

Hence the name gold.......bully!

Come on man...give the guy a break.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,765 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to bend arms around here to get a straight answer. Welcome aboard neighbor.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file