Home U.S. Coin Forum

What is the buyer's premium for a Stacks-Bowers weekly internet auction?

Is it 17% or something else??
Ed

Comments

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    17.5%
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scr--- that!

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Hope this doesn't hijack your thread but I was about to ask a similar but more generic question. I recently found an auction site with pretty good stuff and the valuation was reasonable. As I dug further to see what I would have to do to register and bid I found the fee schedule. This place charged the seller 5-30% AND charged the buyer 25%! WTF?
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H.L. Mencken
  • ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

<< <i>17.5% >>

The juice for this week's iAuction 3476 is being calculated at 20% even though their terms list the buyer's premium as 17.5%.

• coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>17.5% >>

The juice for this week's iAuction 3476 is being calculated at 20% even though their terms list the buyer's premium as 17.5%. >>

The above claim is absolutely false. Every lot listing that I've checked tonight shows a Buyer's Fee of 17.5%.

Perhaps you could qualify how you arrived at your observation ?

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>17.5% >>

The juice for this week's iAuction 3476 is being calculated at 20% even though their terms list the buyer's premium as 17.5%. >>

The above claim is absolutely false. Every lot listing that I've checked tonight shows a Buyer's Fee of 17.5%.

Perhaps you could qualify how you arrived at your observation ? >>

I arrived at my observation by using 3rd grade math to determine that my bid of $220.00 that displays a buyer's premium of $44.00 amounts to 20% juice.

Is your math in conflict with my math? Was my 5 years in 3rd grade not enough? image

I'm still waiting for a refund from them from a month ago where I was billed at a higher bid than than my max bid.

(In case anyone wants to dispute any of my contentions, I have screen shots of all of this stuff image )
  • dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    which lot. not bidding but the ones I look at show 17.5% BP. I do see they must have a $15 minimum.

How much is shipping for the weekly auctions? I bought one in a regular sale and the shipping made Heritage look like Santa Claus (over $20 to ship a $300 coin, which took 2 weeks to arrive)
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they need to raise the BP to pay the OT of their IT staff who are trying to fix the website? image

<< <i>which lot. >>

Multiple lots upon which I placed bids last night. All display 20% juice contrary to their terms stated elsewhere.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file