Home U.S. Coin Forum

PCGS trivia - where was the current slab/plastic style first used??

LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
Not label or hologram - just the plastic?? image

Winner gets a pat on the back and the accolades of the forum. image

Edited to add the plastic style. image
"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Comments

• TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
    Where was it used? ...My guess is at an ANA show! (I win) image ...Wait now that I see the picture, that was at the FUN show at the PCGS luncheon! ...fingers crossed, but I think that is the correct answer! ...no he said not the label or hologram?? Bah, now I give up. image
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vegas Members show is where I first laid eyes on one.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), [email protected]
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Newport Beach.
  • 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...since you said not the label or hologram...I'm thinking the scratch resistant plastic was first used over at NGC image

Erik
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    in the factory that proofed them before shipping the samples to PCGS for their approval.

what did I win?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long beach show.image

Hoard the keys.
  • sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭✭✭
    China branch office.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At PSA.
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    China branch office.

Getting much warmer - I'm guessing these are made "off shore". image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • jedmjedm Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The shell is now a one part slab with the stacking edge an integral part of the shell. This holder was used from Jan of 1990 through some time in 1995."
    The quote is taken from the Condor thread of slab generations, so my guess is the FUN show of that year?
  • PCGS handed out a sample slab with the new clear plastic holder at FUN in Jan 2014 with full production at Long Beach Jan/Feb 2014.

Morgan Everyman Set
    Member, Society of Silver Dollar Collectors.
    Looking for PCGS AU58+ 1901-P, 1896-O, & 1894-O
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    keep in mind that this plastic is supposed to be clearer and more scratch resistant than its predecessors.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

<< <i>China branch office.

Getting much warmer - I'm guessing these are made "off shore". image >>

So you're saying Hong Kong is not part of China?

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

<< China branch office.

Getting much warmer - I'm guessing these are made "off shore". >>

So you're saying Hong Kong is not part of China?

Nah - just looking for a more specific answer - here's the earliest use I know of. image

<< <i>Winner gets a pat on the back and the accolades of the forum. >>

Uh..........Still awaiting said back pat and forum accolades. image

• rkprkp Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    Sparky:

Nicely done.

Pat, pat, pat...... image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file