Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

REDDITE CROWN (British Coins)

Hi what next with coins image ?

Yesterday at auction a beautiful coin was sold, the REDDITE crown (similar to the PETITION) but a different edge reading an iconic British coin

This price change from 1950's until today 400 gbp to 400'000 gbp concerns me as it shows the very high revaluation of money, as governments have never learned to balance there books.

The increase "fiat paper", the result, that since the creation of money the effect of reducing precious metal and finally the printing and and removing the link between metals to money as the form of value is building to a sad ending?

We are not discussing about the ART of money that encourages individuals to want the money as a means of holding an item with some intrinsic value but the period we are entering that links our hobby to a delicate world political and fiscal problem.

My money calculator forcasted after taking into account many factors including not knowing the price of anything being unable to measure anything image and what I consider the price for the REDDITE crown is today, that is 565'000 gbp today so the buyer bought well. A PETITION CROWN could be 700'000++ gbp maybe first British 1 million pound Coin

Jeff

Harold wilson the Prime Minister said "the pound in your pocket is still worth one pound" a comic artist in 1950 fish was 3d and chips were 1d today 5.00 gbp being 300 times 1950 prices.
A collection uploaded on www.petitioncrown.com is a fifty- year love affair with beautiful British coins, medals and Roman brass