Home Precious Metals
Options

JP Morgan is short......

Is there any way to find out the $ per ounce they are break even?
Am I wrong in thinking that this $ level is the sell the house, kids and go in deep?
" YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08

Comments

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No idea, but I wouldn't.
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Is there any way to find out the $ per ounce they are break even?
    Am I wrong in thinking that this $ level is the sell the house, kids and go in deep? >>

Next move could be to $1000 or to $2000. Only the Fed and her pals on the street know with any certainty.

Unfortunate but close to the truth.
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Something is about to happen one way or the other shortly I think. Just a feeling from seeing what's gone on the last couple weeks. Something got leaked and the insiders are moving it before BIG$ steps in shortly and do what is now being "signaled."
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    Time to put another toe in the water? The last place on Gods green earth I want my money is on a computer screen or on a debit card.
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Time to put another toe in the water? The last place on Gods green earth I want my money is on a computer screen or on a debit card. >>

Well I wouldn't want it on a debit card either but don't worry about $$ in the bank just yet. There are many things that can happen, the odds on FDIC insured funds disappearing anytime soon is very, very low.
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    My WAG end of quarter profit taking.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    JP Morgan is short....really??? Then how do you explain that they sold their commodities business? Link
    Also people have been saying that they are massively short for what? 5 years now? You do realize that futures contracts have an expiration date. If they were short millions of ounces of silver 5 years ago those contracts have long been covered and have expired. Also keep in mind that for every contract that is short there has to be a corresponding long. Which means that if JPM is massively short then someone else is massively long.
    Veni, Vidi, Vici
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>JP Morgan is short....really??? Then how do you explain that they sold their commodities business? Link
    Also people have been saying that they are massively short for what? 5 years now? You do realize that futures contracts have an expiration date. If they were short millions of ounces of silver 5 years ago those contracts have long been covered and have expired. Also keep in mind that for every contract that is short there has to be a corresponding long. Which means that if JPM is massively short then someone else is massively long. >>

Please dont get in the way of a good conspiracy theory.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>JP Morgan is short....really??? Then how do you explain that they sold their commodities business? Link
    Also people have been saying that they are massively short for what? 5 years now? You do realize that futures contracts have an expiration date. If they were short millions of ounces of silver 5 years ago those contracts have long been covered and have expired. Also keep in mind that for every contract that is short there has to be a corresponding long. Which means that if JPM is massively short then someone else is massively long. >>

Please dont get in the way of a good conspiracy theory. >>

Yea... And don't forget they didn't have any silver phyzz in possession when they shorted... Lol...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 4 big US banks have been heavily short silver for most of the past year per the CFTC's monthly Bank Participation Report. You can figure JPM is one of those 4.

OTC silver derivatives mature in 1, 3, 5 year time frames. They also can be renewed. That's $100 BILL or so in opaque leveraged bets owned by some of the 5 TBTF banks....that the public doesn't get to see (like Fort Knox
    gold). One would have hoped that JPM covered many of their silver shorts during the 2011, 2012, and 2013 crashes. Not saying they did though as the Bank Report suggests otherwise.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There are many things that can happen, the odds on FDIC insured funds disappearing anytime soon is very, very low. >>

Bank deposits are not disappearing per se, but being whittled down monthly by 6 or 7% annual inflation. The Dollar is the single asset that can never really appreciate beyond the very short term.
  • Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    I went 30 more ASE's @ JM Bullion last night. Needed 30 to round up to another level. Thanks guys, thats why im here.......to learn and listen
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I went 30 more ASE's @ JM Bullion last night. Needed 30 to round up to another level. Thanks guys, thats why im here.......to learn and listen >>

.....and to profit.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.