Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

960 Reis...date run of Sunface overstrikes

jayPemjayPem Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
Finally got around to taking pics of these...so many cool coins in this series image

Comments

• Options
    mnemtsas2mnemtsas2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭
    Awesome, I'd love to have just one overstruck on a sunface and you have a date run! Jealous image
    Successful trades with Syracusian, DeiGratia, LordM, WWW, theboz11, CCC2010, Hyperion, ajaan, wybrit, Dennis88 and many others.
  • Options
    OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! These are super cool and very nicely matched. Nice job.
  • Options
    jayPemjayPem Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow! These are super cool and very nicely matched. Nice job. >>

I'm finding it to be pretty easy to locate nice original coins in this series....definately some messed with pieces out there for sure, but unlike alot of early US coins
    there doesn't seem to be such rampant dipping and scrubbing happening. Or I could just be getting lucky ?image

But, like I said in an earlier thread, I'd like to come across a really worn 960 or two. Alot of holed coins out there, but I am wondering how much intense circulation these saw ?
  • Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    Very nice indeed. image
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done- I like the look of these. I guess need to find the ones I have and look at them

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    Crazy8sCrazy8s Posts: 70 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful set of coins, very nice images of the underlying host coins. Thank you for sharing. I have always been fascinated by these over-strikes.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. I'd never seen a sunface overstrike until now. Really neat how the undertype stands out.

PS- wow- that drew shirohniichan out of hiding? All the more impressive.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.