Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

What about a consolidated giveaway?...Hey, you guys want to finish this or should I drop it?

Rules of the trade:

NOTE: ONCE YOU AGREE TO PARTICIPATE YOU MUST COMPLETE THE SWAP TO THE END

1. Each person will end up with 6 packages at once.

Current list of Participants and send to dates:
1. Blackhawk--22 June 2002--Sent:6 Recieved:6*All Received**All Sent*
2. bstat1020--6 July 2002-----Sent:5 Recieved:6*All Received*
3. Louie--------20 July 2002----Sent:6 Recieved:6*All Received**All Sent*
4. Luvdawgs--3 Aug 2002-----Sent:6 Recieved:6*All Received**All Sent*
5. bgman------17 Aug 2002----Sent:6 Recieved:6*All Received**All Sent*
6. danarchy---31 Aug 2002----Sent:5 Recieved:6*All Received*
7. Mrpaseo----14 Sept 2002---Sent:6 Recieved:4*All Sent*

NOTE:Every send date is on a Saturday, first one is one week from now, the rest are spaced two weeks.
PLEASE, if my numbers are wrong let me know so I can fix them, thanks

2. We will send to the participants in the order that they signed up (Please note above)

3. Each package should contain a coin or coins of approximately 10-15 dollar value.

4. In the event you can not make it to a coin shop or you do not have a coin to send, an amount of 10 dollars should be sent to cover the package.

5. Dates have been listed to send, as you send, please inform me so I can post it, also, when you recieve please inform so I can update the list.

6. A package will be required to be sent every two weeks, one package to each person till the last one has recieved.

7. Consolidated coin purchases have been aproved by everyone. Please try to maintian the timeline. Explination It was brought to my attention that more than one participant would like to get together with a few of the other participants to add their monies together and purchase one more expensive coin rather than many lower value coins. If everyone agrees with this, then we will set it in stone.

8. In the event that you will be unable to send during the required time, you can send the package in advance. When we all agree, the dates will be posted when the packages are due, this way you will know who and when.

9. Any questions or situations should be brought to my attention as soon as possible for resolution.

Ray

Current participants that agree with the above rules
1. Blackhawk---Wish list posted in his post below
2. bstat1020--Wish list posted in his post below
3. Louie---Wish list: "All I collect are BU Eagles and BU roosevelt dimes"
4. Luvdawgs---Wish list posted in her post below
5. bgman---Wish list posted in his post below
6. danarchy---Wish list posted in his lpost below
7. Mrpaseo---http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=26&threadid=117667">Please see the second post for my collection preferences, feel free to ask questions

Comments

• Options
    BlackhawkBlackhawk Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭
    Ray,

Sounds OK to me. If you can get enough participants, count me in.

Bill

My wish list: Indian Head Cents, Standing Liberty Quarters, Walking Liberty Halves, 1970-D Kennedy Half, 3 Cent Nickels, Canadian Large Cents, Civil War Tokens, Nicely Toned Silver or Nickel. I would also like to have a British Trade Dollar in my collection.
    "Have a nice day!"
  • Options
    bstat1020bstat1020 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
  • Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, uh, ok image

But you wouldn't get 1 big package sometime within ~5 months, right? You would get 9 little packages all in the same week, when your name came up.

But sure, I'm in.

am
    100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options

Say, Ray, if you have the time to organize this, maybe you can collect the mailing addresses of all of the participants, and send out pre-addressed avery labels imageimageimageimageimageimage

am
    100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    am, that is correct, you would recieve nine packages within the two week time frame. (If 10 participents). And as for time to conduct this...um....I'm really going to have to find those coin shops now...lol. I hope to find them by this week end. Then I will be able to conferm weather I will be able to swing this or not. I was trying to see if there would be others interested, I guess there are a few. I will find the Coin shop (At least one) and report back to you all.

Ray
  • Options
    sounds like a pyramid to me.....LOL I can't get in right now, I'm over run with nonsense!!image
    If you give up your rights, in order to maintain your freedom. You will most likely end up losing both!
  • Options
    Sounds like a good idea to me!image
    Need a website? Future Design Solutions has custom professional website design starting at just $249!

Check us out today!
    http://www.futuredesignsolutions.com
  • Options
    LouieLouie Posts: 1,132
    Sounds like a great idea to me. Please include me in this one. Louie
  • Options
    All right guys I have not forgotten about this thread, I have to do a little research.

You see, when I partake in a swap, I usually go on Ebay and find soemthing that the reciever likes then I usually end up sending late. I do not want this to happen with this one, I want to be on time every shippment. I will contact each one of you to make sure you still want to partake in this event. I will also include rules for the event. The rules will then be agreed upon before we partake. Then the sending will begin.

Thanks for your input.
    Ray
  • Options
    LuvdawgsLuvdawgs Posts: 1,512
    This sounds like fun! Please count me in image

I'm interested in Morgans, Peace Dollars, Walking Liberty half dollars, Washington quarters starting in 1932 on, and Canadian provincial cents or halfpennies.

Susan

• Options
    bgmanbgman Posts: 473 ✭✭
    I would love to join in the fun.

Randyimage

I am interested in just about anything in U.S. Coins. I am mainly interested in Morgans, Walking Liberty Halves, and Mercury Dimes. I will be satisfied with whatever you choose to send.

Thanks Again, Randy
  • Options
    If I like the rules, I'll be in... image
    am
  • Options
    I want to be on time every shippment.

would this be the labor of love?

So Ray...

got another idea for ya...BTW i really liked the avery labelsimage

Before the first package is sent out have everyone taking part, post what they are looking for, or want. YA know what i mean? Maybe update monthly?

Also just as an example...could 2 or 3 people get together for a single coin??? Say like you, I, and moursund want to send Susan imageA killer Ike? Not that we'll find one at $45.00...but there is enough given time for the people who receive later to actually have coins made for them...

And yet another thought...what if someone gets to a point where they cannot supply a coin(s) for a leg of the trade, would a subsitution of cash be ok?

As I said just a few more thoughts,figured I would post these here as I have yet posted my interest to anyone but you!

dan
    image It's Her's
  • Options
    Dan,
    Great ideas. Everyone else that wants in. Please add your suggestions here or PM me with them. I will then consolidate them and send them to each participant. Only after we are 100% in agreeance will we start this swap.

My trip to the coin shop (While open) will happen next Saturday (Granted my school has nothing for me). I hope to finalize this by sinday with a list of rules and participants. If this goes well, I will conduct more in the future.

Thank you all for your patience,
    Ray
  • Options
    Bringing this to the top, since no one uses this thread anymore...lol.

I need two more wish lists then I will post the dates and we can get this thing moving.

Ray
  • Options
    wish list. hate doing these things!bah
    things i would really like are as follows:

Britania's
    Americian silver eagles
    morgansimage

need some low value coins for a new pcgs ms type set(s).
    ms cents
    ms Commems $.50
    ms state quarters

I am not a big fan of copper/zinc...in other words cents. I do need a couple for the type set tho. At this point i have little interest in darkside coins. I do really enjoy silver( 64 jfk's and roosevelts don't count) I am not hard to make happy, as I joined this just to have some different coins to look at. BTW i am sure that I have missed many a coin, I do have many collections going.

Thanks everyone for taking part!

dan
    image It's Her's
  • Options
    Here are my preferences. Sorry I am late, but I have been in Tennessee for a funeral. I believe this was explained before I left Ray?

PCGS Lincoln Wheats 1909-1933D, see my signature below.

1994 & 1996 PCGS SAE MS69

Raw:

Buffalo

1913D TY 2
    1913S TY 2
    1914D
    1915S
    1921S
    1926S
    1937D 3 legged

Walking Liberty
    1916s
    1917d on Obv, d on Rev, s on Obv, S on Rev
    1919 d,s
    1921 p,d,s

1936d
    1937d,s
    1938p,d
    1939d,s

Standing Liberty Quarters

Any Date

• Options
    BlackhawkBlackhawk Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭
    ttt
    "Have a nice day!"
  • Options
    package sent to blackhawk this morning. thanks

brian
  • Options
    Sent out Blackhawk's package this morning image

Susan

• Options
    THis will be interesting to see how this multi-part swap works out... I missed the boat on this one, but maybe this is the wave of the future image

am
  • Options
    Sent out cash to Bstat and Louie this morning because I'll be away for most of July.

Susan

• Options
    I got to apologize for my lateness. I just now got out my trade to Blackhawk. I promise not to be late for the next one which is 6 July. Louie
  • Options
    Sent Bstat's package today.

Randy
  • Options
    Sent package to bstat today. Sorry to be late again but a couple of family members were hospitalized over the last 7 days and made it hard to concentrate on coins. All is well now. Louie
  • Options
    Sent Louie's package today.image

Randy
  • Options
    Got to update my receipts. Received two now and a few more to come, I hope. Louie.
  • Options
    Since our leader has not been updating, this is the status of my swaps

Received all packages

Sent to Louie on July 22nd

THanks

Brian
  • Options
    Sent bgman's trade out today image

Susan

• Options
    I'm sorry, I'm Sorry, I'm Sorry

Bad leader....BAD!

OK, everyone PM me please and give me your updated numbers. In the future I will propose a better system.

Ray
  • Options
    Your doing a great job!! Just wanted to give you a reminder!!

The above post was meant to be a joke! Hope you didnt take differently.

Thanks Brian
  • Options
    Sent Luvdawgs package out today.image
  • Options
    Have received my trades from bgman, blackhawk mrpaseo,bstat, Louie and Dan. All are in image Thanks, guys!

• Options
    Sent to luvdawgs today. Sorry to be late but was away on vacation at the beach. Should have stayed home. Got sunburned and had watch stolen. Louie
  • Options
  • Options
    Dan,
    Please drop me a link to your PCGS sets...Just so I can get an idea of what you like. That is if you do not mind.

Thanks,
    Ray
  • Options
    And cut my losses?

• Options
    i sure hope whoever is involved and they know who they are,steps up to the plate and has the balls to make it right with ray,i know from the past and im am certain in this case he always sends way more to the other person as he has to me time and time again sent stuff just out of the blue ,i know he doesnt expect as much as he sends in return,but damnitman atleast send the basic amount as agreed.this guy has a giving heart and i find it repulsive that someone would take advantage of him.i know its probably none of my business as you read this you may think it and believe it,but it just became my business to think we are a home group so to speak here,we share thoughts,ideas,and a hobby,and yes i may be a sick Fuc(kay) but when this stuff happens i dont understand,as it has happened to me over and over here......i thought we shared common beliefs here and yea,blame me i have made some friends over the internet on this site,call me sick for that,but youll never be able to call me a thief or a lier.....please take this with a grain of salt if you have no pride or dignaty....then i will know atleast your not in the right frame of mind to know the difference between right and wrong....only then will i let it go!
    TRADERBOBZBLOG
    An open mind will support transformation.
    Recognize life is full of change
    and celebrate the opportunity.
    "There is always a way to collect,Never surrender the hobby"