Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Which Box? '84 FOotball or '92 Stadium Club High Series Football

BBCE has these boxes at $675 and $700............ Which box do you think will be worth more five years from now?

Comments

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Eighty Four
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • DDaniel83DDaniel83 Posts: 203 ✭✭
    84 ---------- SC will only pay with Favre 10 which go for $300 max. On the other hand with 84 you have the opportunity to get multiple HOF RC's Elway, Marino, Dickerson in addition to Montana, Payton and other HOF that would pay more than 300 in a PSA 10. Of course the difficulty of finding a 10 in the 84's is a little more difficult because of centering but the pay day is more if you get a good box.
  • ndleondleo Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll say 1992. It's a rare product and I think Favre will be appreciated more as time goes on. I saw a Favre profile on NFL Network and you forget how great of a QB he was. I think he will have a Bo Jackson like renaissance.
    Mike
  • mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭

<< <i>84 ---------- SC will only pay with Favre 10 which go for $300 max. On the other hand with 84 you have the opportunity to get multiple HOF RC's Elway, Marino, Dickerson in addition to Montana, Payton and other HOF that would pay more than 300 in a PSA 10. Of course the difficulty of finding a 10 in the 84's is a little more difficult because of centering but the pay day is more if you get a good box. >>

You also get 4 Favre's per box, at least one of which usually has a shot at a 10. It's a fun rip with a v v low print run too. Although I like the 84, my vote is with the 92 boxes, which have actually softened over the past 5 years.
  • Is there concern about the 1992 Stadium Club cards being all stuck together ?
  • GoldlabelsGoldlabels Posts: 359 ✭✭

<< <i>Is there concern about the 1992 Stadium Club cards being all stuck together ? >>

The main problem I've seen with the Favre are surface bubbles
  • mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    sticking is a possibility with any stadium of the era, but one slightly unique thing about these is that there were only 500 or so cases produced, and they were always expensive, and thus hopefully taken a bit better care of. I opened some recently that were fine, but I might have gotten lucky..

as another comparison, I think i remember Steve at BBCE say one time that he's only ever seen 1 case of 92, ever. if i'm remembering right, that certainly compares favorably to the 84.
  • TonyCTonyC Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭
    Only 300 cases and I had one in1992.
    Collecting Tony Conigliaro
  • rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭
    Only 3 more until we get our answer. Can stadium club rally?
  • rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭
    So I've never understood this but this seems like the topic to explain it... Why does the 1992 Favre sell for so much when the 1991 TSC is his rookie? This has to be the highest regular second year card in the modern era right? Can that be sustained and why wouldn't you buy a case of 1991 versus a box of 1992?

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • BeRoyalKCBeRoyalKC Posts: 413 ✭✭
    I'm not seeing 84 T FB box on BBCE for $675 and seeing that they usually go for $1500 + I'm going to say if you get it for $700 it would be the best deal.
    #CROWNED

2015 World Series Champions
    2018 Worst Minor League System In Baseball
    #FIREDAYTONMOORE
  • jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: BeRoyalKC

I'm not seeing 84 T FB box on BBCE for $675 and seeing that they usually go for $1500 + I'm going to say if you get it for $700 it would be the best deal.

The original message was posted over 2 years ago.

James
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Nice brinning up a thread from two years ago.