Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Interesting Ebay Offer

So, I have a set of basketball cards for sale. Its currently the only complete set on ebay and one of the better early 90's insert sets. I have a BIN on the item of $209 but willing to accept offers. So today, I look at my offers and find I have an offer...First the offer is for $80, about 40% of my asking price and at least $70 less than the average selling price for lesser condition sets. So needless to say, I dont counter, especially given what h/she wrote in the comments section with the offer. Below is that message along with the exact spelling

"If offer is excepted, will pay with post office money order and if you except it, remember that if you steal, it is mail fraud in USA"

So, honestly, if he had offered $208, I think I would have had to pass as this had hassle and BS written all over it.
IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY

Comments

• Options
    BLOCK
  • Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    haha, yeah, block that clown. Also, you can set your auctions to auto decline stupid offers. It is a pretty good feature. You can also set it to auto accept solid offers.
    I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    You should "Except" his offer ... meaning you are NOT taking it ... and he STILL is going to pay you! LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Weird, same thing happened to me but the opposite. I sell currency every now and then. He offered to send a money order for MORE than what I was asking. Very broken English, pushy, just had a weird vibe. He still has zero feedback yet have won lots of auctions, and only has left negs. I quickly turned it down. He had zero feedback, and new account that day.
    .Looking for ANY National Bank notes of Skaneateles, NY
  • Options

<< <i>BLOCK >>

+1 and don't be afraid to share his ebay ID so we can block him also
    I'm a big Nolan Ryan fan OK???!!!
  • Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    When someone makes me a stupid offer, I'll counter with a stupid offer of my own---$1 less than my BIN. At least they'll leave me alone.....