Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1986 Dairy Pak variations -thoughts?

Hi all, One of the players I collect is Ozzie Newsome and he has a 1986 Dairy Pak card. Trouble is, his card comes in many different colors (Red, Blue, Green, Orange ...maybe even others). If you do an ebay search for "1986 Dairy Pak Ozzie Newsome" on ebay you will see what I mean. There are a couple of examples that show up and if you sroll down, you will see many more. Different manufacturers such as Smiths Orange Juice, Best-Ever Orange juice, Meadow Pride Milk, Dairy Fresh Milk, and there are others. Will PSA ever recognize these variations? There are many other graded examples of players in different colors but they are all called "Dairy Pak" and not whatever specific carton they came from. Will they at least call them "Dairy-Pak-red", or "blue", etc? Any comment appreciated.
Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...

Comments

• Options
    CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭
    No thoughts / opinions?
    Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...
  • Options
    Ive tried on a couple different cards with similar variations to no avail. 1978 Slim Jim Boxes, there are different flavors and boxes are different colors, they wouldn't recognize the variations because there is no price difference between them.
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ive tried on a couple different cards with similar variations to no avail. 1978 Slim Jim Boxes, there are different flavors and boxes are different colors, they wouldn't recognize the variations because there is no price difference between them. >>

But, if you ask a serious collector he'll tell you that there is a definite difference in scarcity between the various colors. Variance in scarcity usually equals a variance in price. I know I would pay more for certain colors.
    Black
    Light Blue
    Dark Blue(purple)
    Orange
    Red (most common)
    Green

Any colors I'm missing?
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    I agree, I know I paid more for variations that at least seem to be more scarce than others. I've round and round with PSA on variations like 88 and 91 donruss border variations. Remember it was just a couple years ago that they recognized 1952 topps 1-80 red back and blacks, before they were all just 1952 topps.