Home Sports Talk

Jadeveon Clowney

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
This dude is obscene. An unofficial 4.47 and an official 4.53 at 266 lbs.

I'm a lifelong Bears fan, but I've adopted the Texans and placed them in the #2 slot, for obvious reasons. With that said, I do not want to see them pass on this guy. And if it turns out his work ethic needs an adjustment, there's one guy on that d-line who will take care of that. Watt and Clowney on every snap? Um, yeah, I want to see that. Even if it means having another season with a substandard signal-caller.

Comments

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    De'Anthony Thomas was considered one of the fastest players in college football this past year. Check out his 40 when superimposed with Clowney's.
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    I'm leaning toward Clowney but would be happy with Bridewater or Bortles, not so much with Manziel. Could be wrong but just don't see Johnny's style of play transitioning well to the NFL. If we take him, so be it and will accept him like the black sheep of the family. Kin is kin.

Funny thing about national talking heads. They keep saying we need Manziel to fill the seats. Uh, we've sold out every game in our franchise's existence, so yeah...

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • halfcentmanhalfcentman Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭
    I think that everyone who is worried about this guy's work ethic should realize that he was just protecting his investment last year.

Practice is overrated. If this guy has any semblance of any work ethic, he is going to be dominant as long as he does not screw up off of the field and do something stupid.
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I really really really hope Houston drafts Johnny Sign-A-Football... I don't want the Browns to draft him. We already have plenty of hail mary scramblers on this team.
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I really really really hope Houston drafts Johnny Sign-A-Football... I don't want the Browns to draft him. We already have plenty of hail mary scramblers on this team. >>

No.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • JJ Watt still has his prime years ahead of him. I don't see how the Texans can pass on Clowney. Chalk up last year as a learning experience and complete the foundation of a Top 10 defense for years to come. QB's are too risky and the NFL seems to be impatient with them in general. They could likely grab a FA or backup elsewhere.
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holla!
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    What is the first pick contract worth now? I know that they shaved them way down a few years ago.
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Priceless, Matt Millen is an expert commentator on the Draft coverage I'm watching.

That's like the Captain of the Titanic instructing safe boating classes

MJ

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Priceless, Matt Millen is an expert commentator on the Draft coverage I'm watching.

That's like the Captain of the Titanic instructing safe boating classes

MJ >>

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    Johnny Football dropping like a stone tonight..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    Leave it to the Browns, LOL..

• lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I really really really hope Houston drafts Johnny Sign-A-Football... I don't want the Browns to draft him. We already have plenty of hail mary scramblers on this team. >>

I'm sorry this happened to you.
  • BurksBurks Posts: 1,103
    Clowney will do great in Houston. You either double team him or Watt, you can't do both. So one of them will be man'd up each play......good luck blocking those FREAKS.

I know they questioned Clowney's work ethic but man. Start waving big cash in his face and that may change.
    WTB: Eric Plunk cards, jersey (signed or unsigned), and autographs. Basically anything related to him

Positive BST: WhiteThunder (x2), Ajaan, onefasttalon, mirabela, Wizard1, cucamongacoin, mccardguy1

Negative BST: NONE!
  • Nothing will identify a flawed work ethic quicker than guaranteed money in a contract.
    Scoreboard Malfunction
  • Pre72Pre72 Posts: 217
    Clowney benched 225 with 21 reps, I thought he was this larger then life freak athlete?? Miami's punter outbenched him doing 23 reps at 225. Bust written all over.

Always looking for Vintage Yankees & NASCAR

Eric