Home Sports Talk
Options

Derek Jeter MLB Tour

Does anyone know how, precisely, the Derek Jeter celebrations will work across MLB stadiums this year?

Say, for example, that the Yankees visit a team for a three-game series, Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. We've heard that MLB plans to have a going away party of sorts for Jeter in every stadium he visits this year.

Which of the three days would that celebration happen? Friday or Sunday? Appreciate any insight y'all might have-

m
I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.

Comments

• Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Which game did they do it for Rivera last year? I would assume it would be the last game in each stadium, but I'm not sure though.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    betcha scheduling his pregame honors in each visiting city will depend on how well the team is performing, so their preparations don't get interrupted.

envision short & sweet ceremonies if they're in the race and prolonged fun or storytelling if they're not.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Which game did they do it for Rivera last year? I would assume it would be the last game in each stadium, but I'm not sure though. >>

I assume this will be the case.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    I hope he gets nothing but rocking chairs. "Hey, look at me everyone! I'm retiring after the 2014 season, so you have lots of time to shower me with gifts!"
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>I hope he gets nothing but rocking chairs. "Hey, look at me everyone! I'm retiring after the 2014 season, so you have lots of time to shower me with gifts!" >>

they made Mo's chair from broken bats. would they make Jete's chair from broken ankles? image
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Itzagoner,

So what you're saying is the ceremony and the game when he plays in Seattle could be like 18 hours long......because the Mariners are going no where and they're going there quickly.

Mickey71