Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1961 topps baseball

Was curious if 1961 topps baseball with centering issues are worth submitting to PSA? I recently purchased some with nice corners and sides but some have centering that is off...I'm not talking way off but they are OC....any help appreciated....and if I could figure out how to load to this thread from photobucket I can post some scans...can someone point me to the thread on how to do this...I'm sure there is one out there...

thanks

al.

Comments

• Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    It's hard to say what may be worth getting graded without seeing the card and whether or not it's an HOF'r, high number etc.

Personally I find the 61's to be absolutely gorgeous when centered as the white border and black outline really stand out, and hard to appreciate when way off center.

Without going into a lot of detail, in Photobucket click on the scan you want to upload, then click on the link for "IMG" and Photobucket will copy the link. Then simply paste the link in your post. You can then hit the PREVIEW button to see if your image is there.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's hard to say what may be worth getting graded without seeing the card and whether or not it's an HOF'r, high number etc.

Personally I find the 61's to be absolutely gorgeous when centered as the white border and black outline really stand out, and hard to appreciate when way off center.

Without going into a lot of detail, in Photobucket click on the scan you want to upload, then click on the link for "IMG" and Photobucket will copy the link. Then simply paste the link in your post. You can then hit the PREVIEW button to see if your image is there. >>

thanks for the info, I'll give it a try
  • Options
    here are two of the cards I was going to submit. The 1960 HR leaders is oc but may submit just because of who they are. also giving the upload from photobucket a test to see if I know what I am doing...al.

cards
  • Options
    I figured out how to post a link to photobucket but still can't get the right steps to post the picture directly into my message....oh well time to have a beer and then try later....maybe I'll have better luck a little intoxicated!!

al.
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Right click on the photo bucket image and then hit the "copy image location", then click on the "picture box shaped icon" below Image Text above the response or post box, then right click in the image location in the box that will pop up

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    My all time favorite set.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Edited so Al's info is no longer seen.

Nice cards Al.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    thanks for posting, I guess I'll eventually figure out how to make the magic happen.......al.
  • Options
    Yeah for the home team, I think I figured it out....

[URL=http://s306.photobucket.com/user/alnavman/media/61t_zps6d87b6e7.png.html]image[/URL]
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The NL Home Run Leaders is pretty badly off-center. A PSA 5 went for $13.00 on ebay a short time ago, but it was better centered.

If the ERA Leaders card comes back an 8 it's worth around $20.00. There's on on ebay now that's at $23.00.

You have to give us a little more to go on. Maris, Mays, Mantle, Koufax, Clemente, Aaron, and the A.S. cards of Mantle, Aaron, Maris and Mays all go for over $100.00 in a 7. Some significantly higher.

Lots of high number commons are worth $35-65.00 in a 7 as well.

Centering is a big issue, but if the corners are sharp and there are no other problems with the card, they can still go for good money.

Show us some more scans or at least give us a list of cards to discuss.
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    For almost a year now, the copy image function has been screwed up - that's why you see the other text before and after your pic. You just have to manually delete all that stuff after you paste it into a message, leaving just the IMG and /IMG in brackets and what's between them to show just the picture.

I can't believe photobucket hasn't fixed that yet - unless it has some other type of use to include all the URL stuff
  • Options
    I really appreciate everyone's input. I didn't get a lot of star cards, there is a Mathews, Billy Williams, Robin Roberts and Frank Robinson along with a NL K leaders but these all had either surface creases or were badly centered, worse than the scan I posted. I'll post scans of the one's I pulled out to submit later. The only star card was Al Kaline. Wish there had been more better centered but that's luck of the draw.
  • Options
    here are the rest of the cards I plan to submit, thought I had more but slowly eliminated as I went along. [URL=http://s306.photobucket.com/user/alnavman/media/cards/61t2_zpsed762b16.png.html]image[/URL]
  • Options
    I think the NL HR Leaders is awesome!
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Probably not worth grading them. I don't see any that would grade even a 7 other than the ERA leaders card. I recently completed building this set in NM condition (raw) and even well centered cards with nice corners only go for a buck or two other than stars or high numbers. A PSA 5 or 6 won't recover the grading and shipping fees you'll incur.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaline might be worth grading. Can't tell too much from the scans, but a 7 is worth $45.00 and an 8 went for $115.00 recently on ebay.

Are the corners good on the Kaline? They don't look very sharp on the scan.
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, Kaline only.