Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone building a 1985 Topps BB All Qualifier set?

If not, I need bunt to chime in with an appropriate punishment. Bad vending box....

Comments

• Options
    Holy Cow!!! I'm slowly doing an '85 Topps PSA set, and the two wax boxes and rack box I've had were all pretty bad on centering. I feel for you. I haven't seen this before. That's ridiculous.
  • Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    1985 is a tribute to the good old days of the 1970's when centering was at it's worst. That's the toughest set of the 1980's to find perfectly centered IMO...but no one really cares about the set, so no one notices
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    thekid8thekid8 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭
    I wish Jeff was still around here -- his Miscut collection is awesome
    He would love those cards
    Miscut Museum
    Gary Carter Fans check out www.thekid8.com

• Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    I have actually twice started 1975 mini registry sets with the goal of all qualified. Now that I had broken up my main set, I think I will pursue it for real. It would be fun.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, Pat Tabler - owner of a .489 average with the bases loaded. Decent hitter in general but out-of-this-world when the bases were loaded.
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭

<< <i>Ah, Pat Tabler - owner of a .489 average with the bases loaded. Decent hitter in general but out-of-this-world when the bases were loaded. >>

His mustache hit .403 with bases loaded
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I wish Jeff was still around here -- his Miscut collection is awesome
    He would love those cards
    Miscut Museum >>

I finally made it through all of those and it is incredible how poor quality control was for decades. I would gladly donate these to that collection if anyone knows how to get these to him, please PM.
  • Options

<< <i>I have actually twice started 1975 mini registry sets with the goal of all qualified. Now that I had broken up my main set, I think I will pursue it for real. It would be fun. >>

I might have some of those to donate as well.
  • Options

<< <i>Ah, Pat Tabler - owner of a .489 average with the bases loaded. Decent hitter in general but out-of-this-world when the bases were loaded. >>

I'll file that away in my interesting factoid of the day folder. Should be a great conversation starter at parties image
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    you certainly can't accuse them of inconsistency.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>you certainly can't accuse them of inconsistency. >>

Well played, sir.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    If anyone has a pic of the C* sheet, I think I can come close to putting these all together like a puzzle.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I have actually twice started 1975 mini registry sets with the goal of all qualified. Now that I had broken up my main set, I think I will pursue it for real. It would be fun. >>

I might have some of those to donate as well. >>

MiniDuff, if you want any/all of these PM address. A couple will probably come back Min Size, all should be qualified if slabbed.