Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Selling Off Collection For my House

Well it's that time to use my collection to go towards my future house. The big part in collecting my cards to make myself feel like a kid, but now its time to grow up a little and put the money towards the house not to worry after everything is said and done I will be right back in the game just starting all over again lol. I put the price next to the cards at VCP average of course would like to sell more for the condition of the card but not worth selling on Rip Bay. When you PM myself just let me know which card you would like and the price yourself would be willing to pay but cannot be underneath VCP average. If more then one person would like the a card then of course I would sell to the highest. I will reply to each PM letting the person know if the have the card or someone went above them. When the card is sold then I will edit and list the card as sold. It would be nice to sell in large lot at once but know that people aren't looking for different players from different years. I put a shortlink for pictures of the cards if it doesn't work I will try it again. Payment through paypal gift or check would be fine will ship cards when check clears though. If any questions just let me know and I will answer them the best I can and as soon as I can. There is a bit of time difference here though from myself living in Hawaii to the mainland though so might be some delay. If any confusion I apologize in advance. HERE WE GO!!!

Thanks
Mike

Ok wish me luck the rest of the cards are off on Consignment we will see how that goes.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
Vintage Rookies

Comments

• Options
    lilmulelilmule Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭
    Fortunaly I don't have those ones. Sorry
    Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Photobucket links aren't working for me.
    James
  • Options
    I tried something different go ahead and check now

Thanks for the head up.
    Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Hey Mike,

So when is the move back to the mainland?

BTW ... from your list .... Is there a mistake here?
    1968 Topps Mickey Mantle PSA 8 $423.00
    1968 Topps Mickey Mantle PSA 8 $233.00
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Hello Doug,

Thanks for the heads up that was a lot of typing to do lol. Well I just received my orders and I will be here in Hawaii for another 3 more years. I do miss the mainland though, next time I take vacation I will be going back but looking like I will be stuck here till I retire in 5 years. Thats ok who can beat that. Since I received my orders Im tired or renting here and just need to buy to set up for the retirement if you know what I mean. Good to hear from you Doug.
    Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926

<< <i>Hey Mike,

So when is the move back to the mainland?

BTW ... from your list .... Is there a mistake here?
    1968 Topps Mickey Mantle PSA 8 $423.00
    1968 Topps Mickey Mantle PSA 8 $233.00 >>

Good catch...you could always buy both and cost average down image

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    Can you send me a nice scan of the Perez rookie ?

Send to svtpony95@yahoo.com

Thanks.
    Doug

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.collectorfocus.com/...tion/svtPONY95/pre-war">Pre war
  • Options
    I will take the 75 Brett , I will PM you !

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.collectorfocus.com/...tion/svtPONY95/pre-war">Pre war
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    When you typed "stuck" in Hawaii I hope you had a smile on your face. Visited once a few years back and almost didn't get on the plane to go back home.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    What branch of service you in? I retired from DFAS in 2007 and if you are Navy probably helped get you paid every month. I was also lucky enough to visit Hawaii four times during my career, all on the governments tab....I used do do training for the Navy and visited Pearl Harbor each time. It is a beautiful place, only drawback is cost, I'll stay put here in Ohio....

al.
  • Options

All PM's have been replied to I hope I didn't forget about anything and bump for some sold cards.

Oh I wasn't smiling when I typed stuck in Hawaii lol I do enjoy it here but being here for 6 years you kind of feel trapped, missing the everyday think like driving cross country, seeing new things so on and so on. It is beautiful here and tons of things to do but still gets a little boring. Everyone is welcome to come here just hit me up when your in this neck of the woods.

Al Yes I'm in the Navy and probably sure that you have messed up my pay a time or two lol just kidding. I know exactly where your at, I was a Navy recruiter in Mansfield Oh from 2005 to 2008 which is about 60 miles north of Columbus and our base was where the DFAS buildings were located as well. I did enjoy it there because all of the card shows that I was able to attend especially the nationals when it was near Cleveland several years ago.

Thanks everyone

Mike
    Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    I got married in Hawaii and we spent our honeymoon there. It was amazing, but I can imagine it would start to feel a bit remote if you lived there every day. Best of luck on your sales.
  • Options
    Reflecting sold and shipped cards.
    Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    TTT
    Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options

<< <i>All PM's have been replied to I hope I didn't forget about anything and bump for some sold cards.

Oh I wasn't smiling when I typed stuck in Hawaii lol I do enjoy it here but being here for 6 years you kind of feel trapped, missing the everyday think like driving cross country, seeing new things so on and so on. It is beautiful here and tons of things to do but still gets a little boring. Everyone is welcome to come here just hit me up when your in this neck of the woods.

Al Yes I'm in the Navy and probably sure that you have messed up my pay a time or two lol just kidding. I know exactly where your at, I was a Navy recruiter in Mansfield Oh from 2005 to 2008 which is about 60 miles north of Columbus and our base was where the DFAS buildings were located as well. I did enjoy it there because all of the card shows that I was able to attend especially the nationals when it was near Cleveland several years ago.

Thanks everyone

Mike >>

hopefully your pay didn't get too screwed up much......to be honest probably didn't see your account at all. also I know where the DFAS is located in Columbus and not to confuse but I worked at DFAS Cleveland....that is where the Navy pay accounts are located. They do Marine Corps there now also. When you retire your pay will also be taken care of by the Cleveland folks. Not sure exactly what there are doing out of Columbus nowadays but don't think they moved the pay accounts down there.......I've been gone seven years already and miss the people and the Navy in general but am enjoying retirement. Last time I was out in Hawaii was in 1988 right before I got married. Luckily my wife came out and I took an extra week so we had able to enjoy some of the island charm...even though it rained five of the seven days we were there....maybe some day we can make it out there again.
  • Options
    Hopefully you will make it out here again. It would be nice to meet few board members if they came out this way for vacation. It is a beautiful area I just enjoy the different climates and changes. Kind of sucks that it rained 5 of the 7 days you were here believe it or not it really doesn't rain here that much at all except today it is but still holding a solid 75 to 80 degrees here. lol
    Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    or246or246 Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    Mike is a great guy and great seller. Good luck Mike.
    Currently working on 1970 Topps Hockey PSA 9 set
  • Options

<< <i>Hopefully you will make it out here again. It would be nice to meet few board members if they came out this way for vacation. It is a beautiful area I just enjoy the different climates and changes. Kind of sucks that it rained 5 of the 7 days you were here believe it or not it really doesn't rain here that much at all except today it is but still holding a solid 75 to 80 degrees here. lol >>

I think the rain is just something that follows my wife and I around, it rained when we were out there, it rained on our honeymoon when we went to San Diego, LA and Vegas and as the kids grew up it seemed like it rained no matter where we went, Florida, New Jersey, Georgia, you name the state and we probably got rained on in it!! Is the traffic still a mess going from Pearl Harbor toward Diamond Head?? I remember it was a mess the last time we were there in 1988
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Pm sent