Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Thanks for the feedback. Wilhelm purchased yesterday.

Well I just saw the 10% ebay bucks thing and don't want it to go to waste. There's 2 cards I want that I can't decide on. Please give me some input on which way I should go. I'm leaning towards the Wilhelm as I have a real fetish for 52 high numbers and it looks like a beauty. However I only need 3 more cards for a 1970's Brewers run and the Aaron is one of them. Here's the pictures.

Thanks
Jeff

Comments

• Options
    The Aaron is overgraded. Get your Wilhelm.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a fan of the print dots on the Hank for a 9, so I vote Hoyt.
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not a fan of the print dots on the Hank for a 9, so I vote Hoyt. >>

+1
  • Options
    Rookie Cards …. Always
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    vettfanaticvettfanatic Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your input guys. Hoyt will have a new home later when I return from running some erands.

Jeff
  • Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭
    Too late. I just bought it.

Kidding. That would be a great purchase. image
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Hoyt presents VERY WELL for the grade ... Hank DOES NOT!!!!!!! Go for the Hi # '52!!!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How could you pass up the card of a slugger so great his first AB in the majors he hit it out of the park?
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

<< <i>How could you pass up the card of a slugger so great his first AB in the majors he hit it out of the park? >>

I had to google Hoyt Wilhelm and read up on that fact. I hadn't known about his only career homerun being his first at bat. Awesome trivia question. Well Hoyt's all mine!! Just got done paying for it. Thanks everyone for the input.

Jeff
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    WTG Jeff .... great card. How's your '52 set coming along?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>WTG Jeff .... great card. How's your '52 set coming along? >>

Thanks Doug. My 52 set is still plugging along slowly. I've been trying to finish my 54 set(now just 10 cards away). Once the 54 set is done I'll be concentrating a lot more on the 52's. I just have to figure out what I'm going to do about a Mantle.

Jeff
  • Options
    mrpeanut39mrpeanut39 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>How could you pass up the card of a slugger so great his first AB in the majors he hit it out of the park? >>

I had to google Hoyt Wilhelm and read up on that fact. I hadn't known about his only career homerun being his first at bat. Awesome trivia question. Well Hoyt's all mine!! Just got done paying for it. Thanks everyone for the input.

Jeff >>

Another amazing tidbit about Wilhelm. In his 2nd ML AB he hit a triple. He never hit a triple in the majors again.
    "I think the guy must be practicing voodoo or something. Check out his eyes. Rico's crazier than a peach orchard sow." -- Whitey Herzog, Spring Training 1973
  • Options
    Aaron should be a 7.5 let me guess 4 sharp corners
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    You know which one I would pick Jeff. You choose wisely.
  • Options

<< <i>Aaron should be a 7.5 let me guess 4 sharp corners >>

Wow. You must be the grader of death. That Aaron isn't that bad. Maybe not quite a 9 but surely better then a 7.5
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well Hoyt's all mine!! Just got done paying for it. Thanks everyone for the input.

Jeff >>

I think you made the right call, it's a great looking card.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    The Aaron card looks great to me, looks like one print dot, great centering, solid edges and corners...what am I missing???
  • Options

<< <i>The Aaron card looks great to me, looks like one print dot, great centering, solid edges and corners...what am I missing??? >>

Two fish eyes. But don't get me wrong, I think it's a great card. Strong 8.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    No one is noticing the touched corners and chipping on the bottom of the Aaron?

The Hoyt Wilhelm on the other hand is really nice!