Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Condor Tokens--help

TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

I confess, that I did this deal entirely backwards, but it is done. I just purchased a large group of condor tokens from a dealer friend without knowing anything about them. I know copper, colonials, and HTT reasonably well and I have always been fascinated by Condors. Virtually all are pretty nice and range in grade from xf+ to unc+, but I think that is how they come. I might have over-paid, but at this point, I'm not sure I much care. I intend to enjoy them and study them.

Can someone point me to a standard reference on these fascinating tokens as I intend to learn more about them? I know....buy the book BEFORE the coin.

There is an on-line version of The Ultimate Guide to Condor Tokens available for $75. Is that a good reference guide? Are there others?

As I move forward, I'll post some of the pieces. I'm as excited as a kid in a candy store. I'm not sure I would recommend this strategy to others though.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Comments

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM sent image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are great and I know you'll have a fantastic experience learning about each piece.

Remember that they are referred to as Conder tokens and have no relation to birds! image
    "Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Post this over on the World coin forum, the darkside. There are some collectors of them over there. But call them Conder tokens.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

<< <i>They are great and I know you'll have a fantastic experience learning about each piece.

Remember that they are referred to as Conder tokens and have no relation to birds! image >>

Ahhhh!!! Thanks for that!

Tom

• Options

<< <i>Post this over on the World coin forum, the darkside. There are some collectors of them over there. But call them Conder tokens. >>

Thx--will do

Tom

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file