Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

request for assistance

Can someone help me determine what exactly I have. I know they are Pro Set cards and there is an Emmitt Smith card and a Tom Barrasso card which I see in the back of this sealed cello. Does anyone know who else is in the pack and is there any value to be had>? thanks..al.

As soon as I figure out how to upload a picture from photo bucket I'll post

Comments

• Options
    worth 50 cents.
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Thinking this is what you are talking about.

$3.00 on ebay.
  • Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    worth 50 cents.

+1
    I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, they are a Pro Set Gazette mail-away redemption. The Barrasso card is the same one as the regular one you could get in packs with no variation, even though they put it in the Gazette cello. There is also a Patrick Roy Pro Set Gazette card that has similar appearance to the Emmitt Smith one. This Roy card is not the same as the ones available in the regular packs.

• Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    thanks for the quick responses, does anyone know who else is in the pack?
  • Options

Here is a link to show you the other version of the standard Pro Set Gazette mail-away cello pack.

• Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    again thanks everyone for responding.....may just open and keep the two hofers for my own collection.....is Barrasso in the hockey HOF??? just curious, and I may even be mistaken on Roy but I would think he is in the hockey HOF.....
  • Options

<< <i>thanks for the quick responses, does anyone know who else is in the pack? >>

I don't remember, but between the 2 different cello packs, Pro Set put in 1 card from each of the sets they produced plus the Smith & Roy promos. Every Roy pack should be the same from one to the next, and same goes for the Emmitt ones.

• Options

<< <i>again thanks everyone for responding.....may just open and keep the two hofers for my own collection.....is Barrasso in the hockey HOF??? just curious, and I may even be mistaken on Roy but I would think he is in the hockey HOF..... >>

Barrasso is in the United States HOF. Roy is in the big boys club in Toronto.