Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Help with pricing on 2 cards.. Mcgwire and thomas rc's

Got some cards back from psa as gem 10 and having trouble figuiring out a real world price on them. Im not in a huge rush to move them so I would like to get a solid value for them.

1. 1987 Leaf Mcgwire (pop 20)
2. 3 x 1987 pan am usa blue bdk Frank thomas (pop 5 including my 3)

Any help would be greatly appreciated..
Thanks,
Brian

Comments

• Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭
    The last 1987 Leaf McGwire sold for $67.66

Sorry I don't have any info on the Thomas cards.
  • Options

<< <i>The last 1987 Leaf McGwire sold for $67.66

Sorry I don't have any info on the Thomas cards. >>

Could you give me a link to that please? I get nothing when searching ebay for completed sales.
    Thanks,
    Brian
  • Options
    ergoismergoism Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    I'll buy one of the Frank Thomas' from you. Turn your PMs on.
  • Options
    pm's are on now...
    Thanks,
    Brian
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Is that the Thomas that the printing on the back is off center on everyone of them?
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    Yes.. Some lettering from the next card on the sheet is on all of them.. I had 8 of them graded and all 8 had it.
    Thanks,
    Brian
  • Options
    Here is a scan of one of the 9's (I have not scanned the 10's yet)

Thanks,
    Brian
  • Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The last 1987 Leaf McGwire sold for $67.66

Sorry I don't have any info on the Thomas cards. >>

Could you give me a link to that please? I get nothing when searching ebay for completed sales. >>

Hi Brian,
    This is not an Ebay link. Its from a website called vintagesportscards.com. It tracks past sales of pre 1990 cards.
  • Options
    Those are really pretty tough. I opened over 1000 sets of the red one and it yielded about 35 or so 10's. There are 125 or so on pop report w out looking. Those sell for 70-80 consistently. I'd guess w the pop going from 2 to 5 you should expect at least 300-350 each
    It never leaves you...
  • Options
    These blues are are more than tough, they are about extinct. Not many sets remain ungraded so the pop will never blow up. The last gem 10 sold for over 2k but its been 2 years since one has sold.. At a minimum these are 2k cards.. His topps tiffany psa 10's are selling for 500 and there are hundreds of those around.
    Thanks,
    Brian
  • Options
    Congrats on the Thomas 10's. Looks like you control the market.

Great thread. I grew up a Cubs fan but it is hard not to be amazed at what The Big Hurt was able to accomplish offensively.
  • Options
    Yeah, I see a 7 went for a little under 100 but I still would be surprised to see it break 1k
    It never leaves you...
  • Options
    jboxjbox Posts: 408 ✭✭
    That Thomas is a great card. The last one actually sold August 2013 for $800. Congratulations!

jbox
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

<< <i>These blues are are more than tough, they are about extinct. Not many sets remain ungraded so the pop will never blow up. The last gem 10 sold for over 2k but its been 2 years since one has sold.. At a minimum these are 2k cards.. His topps tiffany psa 10's are selling for 500 and there are hundreds of those around. >>

As someone with a fairly large collection of Gem Mint early Thomas, 2 years ago there were only 2 graded copies of the Pan Am blue in PSA 10, and both were self submissions, still in the collections of both owners, though one is selling.

$800 is where they've capped. BGS 9.5s have sold for less than $500.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com